Keys locked in car, advice needed ASAP

Spardz

if you unlock the car and dont use the doors it will relock itself after a short time. if however you unlock then open close a door it deactivates the safety feature (temporarily).

Mine doesn't :wacko:

Something to check tomorrow :lol:

Pretty sure mine doesn't auto lock though.

Still, on this occassion its besides the point as the OP said he had opened the door before getting locked out

Something to check tomorrow :lol:

Pretty sure mine doesn't auto lock though.

Still, on this occassion its besides the point as the OP said he had opened the door before getting locked out

I was wondering that as the OP must have had his keys in the ignition to have the radio on (see his first post) :wacko:

Mine definatley does not autolock. I left it for an hour & it was still unlocked when i got back

Think mine pics and chooses when it locks..... i have on occasion witness it autolock, but i left it unlocked by accident when shopping in m'boro last weekend and it remained open for 3hrs.......... still not sure why or how it wasn't stolen, set alight or defecated in/on...?

like i say you need to unlock it and then do nothing, if you simply forget to lock it in the first place it wont lock itself. the idea is to prevent it remaining unlocked if you stuff your keys in your pocket and walk away accidentally pressing unlock, not to lock your car when your a doofus :p

most cars have a way of disabling the feature, i imagine the zed will too, prob in the handbook.

like i say you need to unlock it and then do nothing, if you simply forget to lock it in the first place it wont lock itself. the idea is to prevent it remaining unlocked if you stuff your keys in your pocket and walk away accidentally pressing unlock, not to lock your car when your a doofus :p

most cars have a way of disabling the feature, i imagine the zed will too, prob in the handbook.

I did. I unlocked it & walked away. Came back about an hour later & it was still open

I did. I unlocked it & walked away. Came back about an hour later & it was still open

right you need to try again to get this right, this time for 2 hours. where do you live? i may be able to help

right you need to try again to get this right, this time for 2 hours. where do you live? i may be able to help

:lol:

What you did there, I see it :disguise:

Think mine pics and chooses when it locks..... i have on occasion witness it autolock, but i left it unlocked by accident when shopping in m'boro last weekend and it remained open for 3hrs.......... still not sure why or how it wasn't stolen, set alight or defecated in/on...?

You were seriously lucky there, I'm originally a monkey hanger so I know what its like round the boro!

:blackeye:

:lol:

What you did there, I see it :disguise:

:teeth::teeth:;)

• 2 weeks later...

Mines a 2004 UK, and mine auto locks, i know, i locked my keys in my car last weekend. Luckily i have a second key, so just ran upstairs grabbed it and beeped it out the window, went down and got my original key. (i swear there hasnt been a car ive locked my keys in before lol)

As soon as it happened i instantly thought of this thread lol