back from refurb **pics**

SunGodRA

Further to this post about Huskys old wheels I bought viewtopic.php?f=61&t=38169 - I have just had a full refurb done. I decided on gloss black (powder coat) with machined rims and am very happy with the results :teeth:

A very big thanks to Spit and Polish in Tonbridge (http://www.spitandpolish.co.uk/) who did the work - all the guys there are very friendly and helpful - and they deserve the reputation they already have of being one the best alloy refurb companies in the country (if not THE best!).

I have just been out to take some pics (iphone, not best quality) - pics dont really do them justice...

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

w4.jpg

w5.jpg

w6.jpg

w7.jpg

w8.jpg

I am going for some coilovers next (when my wallet recovers!) and once fitted will see how much room I have for spacers

David :teeth:

ps a couple of the pics show marks on the alloy - thats just where I have rinsed then with water after fitting and didnt wipe down!

Cheers guys :thumbs:

I have just whipped them off again and test fitted old Eibach 20mm spacers to see why they wont fit - and discovered that is nothing to do with the spacer nuts fitting flush; because they do - its the length of the OEM studs - there isnt a deep enough recess in the new alloy for them.

I want to come out about 15-20mm which is far too much for a slip on spacer (I wont get the nuts on!), so my only choice is tapping in longer studs - has anyone actually done this? How hard is it to fit longer studs? (DIY or garage job?)

cheers, David

its the length of the OEM studs - there isnt a deep enough recess in the new alloy for them.

thats what i meant :blush: but explained poorly :surrender:

:lol::lol: I knew they wouldnt fit so its not an issue - I have sold them already :teeth:

but I thought it might be the nut, and I could maybe get different bolt on spacers etc

but now it looks like I need longer studs - not a problem etc - just wondered how hard they were to fit :shrug:

Very nice...just followed you from Tescos petrol station at grove green to the Hilton roundabout wheels looked real nice :thumbs: Was gonna follow a bit further but my petrol light was on as the petrol station was too busy for me to wait :lol:

Hello mate! - I wondered if you was a member on here ;):thumbs:

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know of any places around London (North London preferably, so Herts etc) that do a good job at powder coating? If not, wet painting? I've got stock Rays.

And this wheel cracking issue, I'm assuming if they're coated at the right temperature then it shouldn't be a problem?