Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines

AK350Z

I'm off to pick this up in the morning it's a Marin Mount vision quad XC (2009) :D

You know the drill:

:worthless:

Meanwhile a couple of random pics of the last two days:

Thelkeld Loop (again!)

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

Hamsterley Forest:

IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0335.jpg

Altogether I've done 9 hours riding in 3 days, not bad! :stretcher:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked it up :yahoo: and dropped it off at the local bike shop to give it the once over and bleed the brakes can't wait to get out on it I'll get some pics up tomorrow when I get it back and a spec list :D

Already looking for some carbon bars and stem :lol:

Just picked it up :yahoo: and dropped it off at the local bike shop to give it the once over and bleed the brakes can't wait to get out on it I'll get some pics up tomorrow when I get it back and a spec list :D

Already looking for some carbon bars and stem :lol:

Yeah that does need a little adjustment :blush: the bike is a large which I was a little unsure about but I'm going to swap the stem from a 110mm to a 70mm one (in carbon ;) ) And roll the bars back a little see how I get on with it, off to pick it up this morning after the check over

Couple of jobs done today. Finally could afford to get my Mavic crossmax SL rear fixed (£200 :surrender: ), it had a completely new rim and all spokes changed though, so picked that up from Keswick and gave Frans bike a major upgrade with the pair, probably lost 500g per wheel! Also rebuild her squeeky pedals too.

They are very trick though, only about 1500g for the pair!

IMAG0357.jpg

Yeah, the price seriously spirals once you get below 1800g per pair. they are XC racing jobs really, but i originally got them of ebay for about 280 sheets in 2009.

Oh, and Grizedale recon tomorrow!

Well here she is a 2009 Marin mount vision quad XC had the brakes serviced and went out for a run today, lovely bike to ride with great suspension will be getting into the peak next week on it :teeth:

XT components

Rock Shox team revelation forks 150mm

Fox rp23 rear

DT swiss wheels hope pro 2 hubs

Juicy avid carbon discs

ff2c0596.jpg

950a49f6.jpg

8ede415b.jpg

24acda59.jpg

6460800f.jpg

23d4ec33.jpg

Nice one James, I feel a 350Z biking meet coming on in Yorkshire ;)

Great sesh today at Grizedale. Dry, sunny, and rolling quick. Think i've sussed a good route for saturday, should be 3hrs worth. I won't tell you how long it took me to get round today though ;) Some good views, and some great descents too. Only small hitch is that i got a stick in my rear wheel which bent my rear mech and hanger round :angry: So by the time you get here I might well be on a different coloured frame! I'm going to call On-one tomorrow and see if I can get any discount on their crash replacement policy.

IMAG0366.jpg

IMAG0358.jpg

IMAG0360.jpg

IMAG0359.jpg

IMAG0362.jpg

IMAG0363.jpg

IMAG0364.jpg

IMAG0365.jpg

I like the look for that Andrew - good work :#1: I hope it took you about 1hr if its going to take us 3hrs :lol: I'll not tell Amanda, I'll say its just a nice short ride!

Sorry to hear about your frame, but its a nice excuse to get some nice shiney stuff which is good in a way. Take it as fate to upgrade :teeth:

Right, had to call on-one a few times to get things sorted out. They are very busy in the easter run-up and the computers were on the fritz, but I have a 30% discount on a replacement 456! Next day delivery (albeit from today), so should be landing tomorrow :clap:

In a nice blue colour, which will make a change from red everything!

FROO456_P2.jpg

Edit: Also, the weather is looking amazing all the way to easter, so saturday should be fab! Just a shame I have to clear off to work, arrgghhh :thumbdown: