370z On 0 % Prefrences 24 months 25 % deposit

Z Power

Thought it might be useful to prospective 370 owners or 350z owners who fancy a change.

As per quarter 3 offers 01/07/10 - 30/09/10

Cheers

J

PS Available across the whole 370 range.........................

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience of buying a similar priced car like this? The 8k deposit and £300 monthly payments are fair enough, but, say i didn't want to or couldn't cough up 15+ grand at the end of the term, what sort of position would I be in? Would I be able to leave the car with Nissan and walk away with some money?

Either they are having trouble selling expensive sports cars during a recession or they have every angle covered anyway so although 0% APR sounds good it's still a lot of money and probably no money off ?? Dunno different strokes for different folks I suppose?

Does anyone have any experience of buying a similar priced car like this? The 8k deposit and £300 monthly payments are fair enough, but, say i didn't want to or couldn't cough up 15+ grand at the end of the term, what sort of position would I be in? Would I be able to leave the car with Nissan and walk away with some money?

Judging by 350Z residuals I'd say that you'd just cover the final payment if you sold it at the end but I wouldn't bank on getting much profit. If you just give the car back you walk away with no money.

IMHO PCP-type deals only work if the final payment is equivalent to the value at the end of the term plus your deposit. You can then sell the car and still have money to start a PCP on another.

I've done this on the 5.9% deal, max I could put down was £10K (I'd have liked to put half down but couldn't).

I got £3K off. so list £32K I get the car for £29K.

£19K to finance, my payments are £266 a month Total over 24 months = £6384 +my deposit = £16.5K

Residual value according to my agreement (15000 miles a year) = £14300.

At the end I can hand the car back or pay it off and keep the car. It means the car will still have only cost me £30800 max.

I could also trade it in and if the car is worth more than the £14K (I''d hope it would be or I'll probably just keep it), then there's part of my deposit for the next one.

And I've got 3 years RAC and 2 free services. Not sure if this is still part of the deal.

This is an OK deal on list, but is a GREAT deal if you can get it with £3k off list!

Don't be frightened of PCP's just make sure you are in the position to pay off the final sum (or take a loan out if needed) and that the figures stack up.

I did intend to just get a loan and pay the full amount off, but the figures for this were no worse.

If BP have any more nightmares and petrol prices go through the roof and the car's value bombs then I just hand it back and walk away at the end. I'd have lost the 10K deposit anyway through normal depreciation even if I'd paid cash.

Hope this helps.

Phil

In my experience over the last couple of weeeks of going out pretty much every weekend looking for a nice, facelifted 07 350 roadster, they dont seem to be that desperate to sell them. I have had an absolute nightmare A, finding a good one, and B, getting any sort of deal out of anyone at nissan. Even when i offer them hard cash, i just cannot get it for anywhere near the book values of the car, and to be honest, most of the nissan dealers really dont seem that bothered about letting me walk. Now, before anyone thinks im "asking the impossible", i have a car to px which privately sell around 3-3.5k, and around 12k to spend, which im ny opinion should get me a good un, right? No luck at all so far, and it's getting difficult to find any roadsters on the forecourts. They just absoloutely will not budge to do a deal thats suitable for me. I was discussing this with someone, and i havent bought a car from a main dealership for many years, but back in the 90's you could have em flipping somersaults to get your cash out your pocket, but now they just let you walk off the forecourt without a deal. Im pretty sure , judging by the way i have been treated by nissan dealers, those 350z sports cars must have people queueing up for the things, with wads of notes in there hands, paying what it's up for, cos they sure as hell arent to keen on px'ing and moving em on at a discount, so it does not appear that they are struggling to sell the 370's at all! :surrender:

and moving em on at a discount, so it does not appear that they are struggling to sell the 370's at all! :surrender:

Dunno about over there, but they've moved hardly any at all over here. Auckland being the biggest city in NZ, and thus far (unless it's changed in the last couple of weeks), they'd only sold 4 brand new 370's. There are plenty of ex-demo ones on Trade Me, which is like Fleabay.

And if you read some of the literature of recent times, they were going to produce a reduced number of 370's due to the economy and the expected numbers they may sell.

Plus a lot dealers get kickbacks for financing, so maybe cash isn't as king as it once was.

In my experience over the last couple of weeeks of going out pretty much every weekend looking for a nice, facelifted 07 350 roadster, they dont seem to be that desperate to sell them. I have had an absolute nightmare A, finding a good one, and B, getting any sort of deal out of anyone at nissan. Even when i offer them hard cash, i just cannot get it for anywhere near the book values of the car, and to be honest, most of the nissan dealers really dont seem that bothered about letting me walk. Now, before anyone thinks im "asking the impossible", i have a car to px which privately sell around 3-3.5k, and around 12k to spend, which im ny opinion should get me a good un, right? No luck at all so far, and it's getting difficult to find any roadsters on the forecourts. They just absoloutely will not budge to do a deal thats suitable for me. I was discussing this with someone, and i havent bought a car from a main dealership for many years, but back in the 90's you could have em flipping somersaults to get your cash out your pocket, but now they just let you walk off the forecourt without a deal. Im pretty sure , judging by the way i have been treated by nissan dealers, those 350z sports cars must have people queueing up for the things, with wads of notes in there hands, paying what it's up for, cos they sure as hell arent to keen on px'ing and moving em on at a discount, so it does not appear that they are struggling to sell the 370's at all! :surrender:

Not sure you get an 07 roadster for £15.5k, especially from a Nissan dealer.

Have a look in the 350 for sale section on the forum - there are a couple of 06 roadsters seemingly still for sale within your budget ;)

but back in the 90's you could have em flipping somersaults to get your cash out your pocket,

Thats because its not the 90's anymore ;)

Cash is no longer king. Finance is.

Why sell you a £17k car for example, for £15.5k cash, when they can hang on till someone comes along with a PX that they can make a profit on, pays roughly the asking price (so they make a profit on the car), takes out the balance on finance through them ( so the finance company pays them a commision) and then has all the add on's like GAP insurance and uses them for services etc etc

A £17k sticker price actually means, if the right customer buys it, it will make them £19k+.

Therefore, someone offering them £15.5k CASH is no longer an attractive proposition ;)

Yeah i guess your right, and thats probably why those 370's are sitting on forecourts unsold as the first posters predicted they may be. Hopefully there still be sitting there over the next few months = a crash in secondary values= i may end up with a cheap secondahnd 370 rather than a 350. The "age of austerity" may lead to a revaluing of the book, because as a trader said to me only last week, "the book has just got to fall". If it does, and i havent a clue if it will, it may mean a lot cheaper cars on the forecourt, right. Im in no hurry, i'll bide my time till i get the right motor at the right price, hopefully a book revaluation will bring a facelift into my budget, (or maybe a 370 for a little bit more :teeth: )

I'd been wanting to by a 370z for the past year or so and this pretty much tipped me over the edge to getting it.

Would help if nissan dealerships actually called me back about a test drive instead of not calling, or as one dealership did offer to let me test drive an auto roadster when I want a manual coupe :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

I've just sorted the finance out on mine using the 0% APR Nissan deal. Got 2k off the list and 1.1k equity in my current car (also bought by PCP) meaning a total 3.1k contribution towards the 25% deposit. The 2 year deal bothered me a bit (I would have preferred a 3 year deal) but it does have its ups for me as well as its downs.