Fixed my guages and look what I ended up with!!!

Gizmo-R

After messing about with LEDs for gauges and now resetting them to the correct readings I ended up doing this!

01072010093.jpg

01072010095.jpg

Its a JVC AVX830! Awesome unit and Ipod routed to the center cubby. Also finished off LEDing the AC controls too

Tried to get the gear know off too but that was uber impossible! Need to re-intervene that one another time :boxing:

Can you post a "guide to leds". :shrug:

Certainly Sir!!

http://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/429871-interior-led-conversion.html

http://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/166631-blue-led-interior-conversion-finished.html

You do need some soldering skills but a decent soldering iron aand a thin tip goes a long way to making the job easier

Work on the windows switches first for practise if you need a taster as these are the eaisest to do! ;):thumbs:

Even if the pics were in real easy

1) locate screw

2) insert screwdriver

3) turn screwdriver

4) yes you fool.... anticlockwise!

I still couldnt do this... no patience!! the circuit board would be one big piece of solder!! So kudos to those that do this stuff...

Am happy to swap my expertiese in other areas in exchange for LED work... Any of you clever guys need any IT training!!

1) locate screw

2) insert screwdriver

3) turn screwdriver

I still couldnt do this... no patience!! the circuit board would be one big piece of solder!! So kudos to those that do this stuff...

Am happy to swap my expertiese in other areas in exchange for LED work... Any of you clever guys need any IT training!!

IT Training? What kind of IT training do you deliver?

There is plenty info out there these days, its been a year now since i did mine and it was all still being figured out between me and eric on my350. He has his own website which is the reason I didn't ever write the guide. Look for it, his name is eric whyte :) he's a good guy and left it free.

Honestly all the info is out there. Just don't make a mistake on the speedo as it will cost lots as you speedo isn't replacableas the mileage is stored on it.

1) locate screw

2) insert screwdriver

3) turn screwdriver

IT Training? What kind of IT training do you deliver?

What you looking for? If we dont deliver it I can get it at very very good rates! Tech, Methodology etc etc certified or non certified... PM me and I can see what I can do for you!

Looks amazing, love the blue LED look. Mine has turned up today. Any tips for fitting, I have bought double din Fascia (50-256) ISO loom with steering controls (Bose) (29-674) and JVC adapter (29-004). Did you just follow the guide on this forum, or was there any extra messing about.

Cheers

Looks amazing, love the blue LED look. Mine has turned up today. Any tips for fitting, I have bought double din Fascia (50-256) ISO loom with steering controls (Bose) (29-674) and JVC adapter (29-004). Did you just follow the guide on this forum, or was there any extra messing about.

Cheers

Pretty Straightforward, link the park brake wire to ground and you will be fine

PM me if you get stuck!

01072010093.jpg

Is it just me that finds it amusing the the JVC is proudly showing "HEAD MODE" in the upper left corner?

Good job on the LEDs tho B)

I did find it quite unusual for it to say that but the beauty is that it is mere a USB port it provides so you can plug a USB stick into it with mp3 or videos and watch it off that! Or just plug in the ipod with any old ipod cable so it means you dont need to buy any additional cables to use an ipod

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally i had a go today to fit a JVC AVX830 HU very nice piece of kit, took me 3 hours to do it but would just like to thank Martin (Gizmo-R) for all his help and advice, think i would have struggled without him.. cheers mate!

IMG_0844.jpg

All works great thanks again :)

Kev

Well finally i had a go today to fit a JVC AVX830 HU very nice piece of kit, took me 3 hours to do it but would just like to thank Martin (Gizmo-R) for all his help and advice, think i would have struggled without him.. cheers mate!

IMG_0844.jpg

All works great thanks again :)

Kev

Good work!!! :thumbs: