Clear Car Bra

geoff-r

seen a few people do this but it was never reffered to as a clear car bra. My mate had his new beamer done and it looked good actually, I thought it would spoil the shine but it was just as sexy B)

As to where it was done I have no idea - sorry!

Or Armourfend, have seen that stuff used in cars in the past and it works very well.

Really you want to have flawless paint before you put it on though, and then on older cars you're looking at the cost of a front end respray PLUS the cost of the film itself. That cost is the one thing putting me off getting mine done, although if I were buying brand new I'd build the cost of it into the cost of the car.

I might consider this sooner rather than later, as the paint has no marks yet due to the car only having 250 miles on it. Surely this renders further detailing pointless to some extent though?

to be honest once on i think its just a case of wash and wax, no need to clay or polish.

I had the front of my new 370 done with fendershield at Valet Magic, it was expensive but with Nissan paint being very soft, i think worth it as it has already saved a few stone chips.

When you say expensive, would you be able to say how much? I am massively paranoid of picking up stone chips especially after my 350z had such thin paint.

I have used something similar on my bike Tank B) The chap from the graphics place gave me a sheet of 400 micron h/d vinal once on you have to look hard to notice it :D worked a treat on my faring however the big stones at speed will penetrate it but still saves a lot :thumbs:

Ste .

priced up getting the full nose, full front wings, full bonnet, mirrors and side skirts done when I first got the Z, the prices ranged from £1150.00 down to £500.00, ended up waiting and wish I had not, picked up a few marks on the nose over the last couple of months.

So got the full nose, full bonnet and front wing quarters done on the 19th of last month just as I was going to Germany to do the Deutsche Alpenstrasse glad I did :) has saved the bonnet from a few flying stones while doing the run there and back. As for cleaning and waxing just the same as normal if washing off with a power washer just have to be careful on the edges thats all.

I paid around the £500 mark for full front, 1/3 bonnet & wings plus wing mirrors and i have got to say it was money well spent, i just am worry free when it comes to stone chips. Lets face it we spend in excess of £30,000 on the car whats another £500 to keep it pristine !

I paid around the £500 mark for full front, 1/3 bonnet & wings plus wing mirrors and i have got to say it was money well spent, i just am worry free when it comes to stone chips. Lets face it we spend in excess of £30,000 on the car whats another £500 to keep it pristine !

Good point Kev :lol: