Led rear indicators and reverse lights?

chrislich

Had quick scan can't see if anyone has tried this.

I want to have a go at having a cluster of LEDs for rear indicators same with reverse light as well. Not sure whether can do it for fog light?

Any hints and tips or if someone has tried. Advice greatly received. I need a project for coming month :boxing:

Shouldnt have a problem with LED indicators and LED fogs loads of people run when they have cleared out the fog cluster.

You need W21W fitment for them. Plenty of people do them on eBay too. The trouble I had with the fog was getting one bright enough. For indicators I would just go with Phillips SilverVisions and be happy with that, as a filament bulb blinks better than LEDs IMO. With the reverse light, I can see you struggling to get something bright enough to actually be useful, as in the 350z the bulb doesnt point straight back, rather at an angle, so you need an LED bulb that will radiate light so that the reflector has something to shine out the back. If not, and you get a directional LED bulb, it will light up somewhere to the rear left of the car :doh:

I'd expect nothing less John B) Of course i was directing my comments at generic eBay bulbs ;)

no worries :D

im itching to get back on this project, its been shelved for a few months now due to other commitments :boxing: silly commitments :doh:

I'd expect nothing less John B) Of course i was directing my comments at generic eBay bulbs ;)

no worries :D

im itching to get back on this project, its been shelved for a few months now due to other commitments :boxing: silly commitments :doh:

get back on these, they look uber B) !! :lol:

already doing it :thumbs:

Chickerty check the master out!! :lol: If its LEDs then Husky is your man..............................I can't imagine what his house is like at Xmas!!!! :surrender:

Visible from space :D

already doing it :thumbs:

Chickerty check the master out!! :lol: If its LEDs then Husky is your man..............................I can't imagine what his house is like at Xmas!!!! :surrender:

Visible from space :D

i don't need sat nav when i visit john, i just follow the glow,

like a wise man following a star to find the baby jesus :lol:

mine are more like this chris ;)

led_sig_rev1.jpg

You not doen my prototypes yet!! ;)

working on it mate :) im only going to throw out a few and prob never make them again there are a couple of interested aprties at the top of the list. yes one of them is you :lol:

mine are more like this chris ;)

led_sig_rev1.jpg

You not doen my prototypes yet!! ;)

working on it mate :) im only going to throw out a few and prob never make them again there are a couple of interested aprties at the top of the list. yes one of them is you :lol:

:) Need to give you those spare right hand sides ones I have!! Should have given them to you at chillies. You down there in July?

ill be down there for tonys b'day not the bbq though as parents are visiting, i got hold of a spare right hand one, im going to need a full set next to mod :)

Will get some sorted and bring them over and you can have the other 2 for practice ;)

• 11 months later...

I did a new prototype the other day, put a fair few hours into them and they are pretty awesome compared to the old way I was doing it. I did them with a bunch of cheap chinese LED's for the prototypes just to test the theory out and it worked well, until the cheap LED's died (that's why you dont use cheap chinese LED's).

I will try and get another spare day and put a few quid aside for the good quality LED's to do it with, it's just a case of finding the time at the moment as this is a project as opposed to a customer order so i can't really prioritise it.