GO Z GO!!!

mighty Z

Just been out to play with my bro. :)

He has an evo 4 with full 3" nur spec exhaust, stainless manifold,fq 340 turbo+loads more he was only running a bar[14.8psi]310>320bhp

From the lights he inevitably got a few lengths but amazingly the Z had pulled it back by 70 :teeth: unfortunately we had to slow down for traffic we then exited the DC and headed for the motorway roundabout,

My bro managed to get in front with a wreck less maneuver :angry: and there was only one lane left at the lights so I pulled up behind him.

We where off again I was right on him gave the Z full throttle which caused the back end to start drifting out I slowly eased off the power kept focused on the evo and the road and the back end magically came back in[i love these cars]I stayed with him all the way round the roundabout.

He then slowed down so I could pull up beside him to make it fair,

we were both rolling in first I let him give it the nod I got the jump on him because he did not have any boost :D slammed it in second the backend shook a little squatted down and was off I already had 2 lengths on him and I was only halfway through second slammed it in third and it squealed and just kept creeping away from thr evo by the time I got to ** I had 5>6 lengths on him :yahoo:

My Z did me proud even my bro was shocked at the way the [prehistoric drive car] handled and performed

And I have'nt even started modding yet

btw all this was done on bridgestones with no girlie TC :p

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikey i know you've tweaked it, but you gotta question the sensibilites of posting this on an open forum? ;)

Glad your happy with the performance though! Just dont go writing the car off or damaging it like another board member! :scare:

Especially with your number plate showing on your sig? :blush:

Mikey i know you've tweaked it, but you gotta question the sensibilites of posting this on an open forum? ;)

Glad your happy with the performance though! Just dont go writing the car off or damaging it like another board member! :scare:

Especially with your number plate showing on your sig? :blush:

Oh dear :scare::scare::scare::scare:

Nah they couldnt prosecute based on anything here. But there's no point in given an overzealous copper your details, so that next time they can potentially be looking for you.

Just my two cents and everyone can do as they like! :D

He he as said above theres nothing plod can do unless they catch you in the car and in the Z theres no chance of that :)

Its simalar to the speed camara loop hole you have to admit guilt to be prosecuted.

Thank you anyway I do appreciate your concern.

When you say not on an open forum does that mean I cant post any of my kills. :(

I thought people might of found it interesting/entertaining.

Nice one.

The Z is quick - the more I drive it, the more I enjoy it. In the dry, it should be able to keep up with the older EVO's on a smooth road.

Thing about the jap 4wd cars is they're so easy to drive fast - even an average driver can hustle along because the car does so much for you. The EVO's have an increasingly sophisticated active yaw control which basically shifts power from left to right rear wheels to tighten the cornering line - so just bang it into a corner, turn the wheel and plant your foot... hold your nerve and after a moment that feels like you're in for the biggest episode of oversteer ever, you're hurtling in the right direction.

The Z is much more difficult to drive fast, but more satisfying (I think).

Different story across uneven and unknown country roads though, and in the wet we'd have no chance of keeping up.

Don't know if you saw the Top Gear with Clarkson in an FQ400 vs a racing driver in a Lambo Murcithisishardtospello? Lambo couldn't get away on the track, and ended up spinning!

Nice one.

The Z is quick - the more I drive it, the more I enjoy it. In the dry, it should be able to keep up with the older EVO's on a smooth road.

Thing about the jap 4wd cars is they're so easy to drive fast - even an average driver can hustle along because the car does so much for you. The EVO's have an increasingly sophisticated active yaw control which basically shifts power from left to right rear wheels to tighten the cornering line - so just bang it into a corner, turn the wheel and plant your foot... hold your nerve and after a moment that feels like you're in for the biggest episode of oversteer ever, you're hurtling in the right direction.

The Z is much more difficult to drive fast, but more satisfying (I think).

Different story across uneven and unknown country roads though, and in the wet we'd have no chance of keeping up.

Don't know if you saw the Top Gear with Clarkson in an FQ400 vs a racing driver in a Lambo Murcithisishardtospello? Lambo couldn't get away on the track, and ended up spinning!

Why would an older Evo be slower than a new one?