GO Z GO!!!

mighty Z

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When considering buying my first zed I had massive badge snobbery. I wanted a boxter purely to say that I had a porsche :thumbdown: I had test drives booked one weekend for both. Test drove the zed and loved it (Well for the two mins I drove it before crashing it which is whole other thread :scare: ) and immediatley cancelled the porsche test drive. I have been so happy with my decision that I'm onto my second zed :teeth:

Lomoto I did'nt mean to cause offence It just seemed a funny thing to say at the time.

I still think most of us are chavs because we cant afford real sports cars :)

:scare: I think with that one quote you've just upset 100% of all the forum members on here. do you mean that the 350z isnt a real sports car????

or is that a misinterpratation of what you have said?

Iam saying that the 350 is a poor mans sports car.

Its not a ferrari is it? :)

You're right it's not, but then it's not a Corsa either. Do you think of yourself as poor or doing OK for yourself though??

And does that make a £100k Ferrari F430 a poor man's sports car when there's the Ferrari 612 Sacglietti HGTC at £200k??? :wacko:

Yes you 've hit the nail right on the head I consider myself to be poor because:I have to work five days a week nearly every week of the year to pay my mortgage ect. and there's no way I could afford to pay for my daughter to go to a decent private school.

The point Iam trying to make is that well off people with ferrari's lambo's ect. probobly look down at us in our nissans and call us chavs so I just cant understand this slighty snobbish attitude some of you seem to have.

I have never been a big fan of mocking people less fortunate than myself and dont like this chav chavvette bussiness its not there fault they grew up on estates and if there not very intelligent

there's no way out for them unless they sell class a's or there body.

Who said anything about snobbery??

If I'd bought a Ferrari 348 for £30k, I'd still be the same person, same earnings, etc. Would you call that a poor man's sports car?

So I'm not sure about labelling any car anything. Each car has it's own merits (even a Corsa apparently, but my back disagrees!) and to say people on here are snobs is completely unfounded. I grew up in chav south central, on an estate. Doesn't mean I don't have any respect which I think is the chav point.

The fact you own your house puts you in a certain %age of people in this country who have the ability to do that. And compare what you've got to some others in poorer countries. I think you'll find yourself pretty well off.......

At the end of the day, the cost of one of these cars new is about equal to the average salary in this country.

EDIT I have just re-read the above post, and this response does not make lot of sense now, ignore it. I leave it in for completeness however...... I dont like censorship.

==================================

Who said anything about snobbery??

I did, and so did Sarnie. Neither of us said anyone else was a snob, we both said that we were both badge snobs. This was in response to the comments on here abouts chavs and chav nots and the statement in a previous post about people that drive Ferrari's looking down on Zed's

I dont wish to speak for Sarnie, he is more than capable of posting himself (Mr 2000 posts.... ;) ) but I think we were both saying that we had snobbery about the Zed *until* we actually drove it and that we would still choose it over more expensive cars. I dont for a minute mean to suggest that either of us is so rich that we could buy any car we wanted, I have a mortgage and work every day too, just that I believe that the Zed is a cracking car and that people that look down on it have probably never driven one or care more about the badge on their car than the drive......

I agree.

My badge snobbery was gnawing away at me *before* I drove either car. I was worried about my car being a Nissan as I related to to Nissan Cherry'e etc which I spent most of my life taking the **** out of. To own a fairly newish porsche usually means you have/are quite successful and is seen as a bit of a status symbol. Both of these opinions were clouding my judgement until someone said to me that I'd look like a yuppy in my suit in a porsche :scare::thumbdown: I test drove the zed and the rest is history :yahoo:

I agree.

My badge snobbery was gnawing away at me *before* I drove either car. I was worried about my car being a Nissan as I related to to Nissan Cherry'e etc which I spent most of my life taking the **** out of. To own a fairly newish porsche usually means you have/are quite successful and is seen as a bit of a status symbol. Both of these opinions were clouding my judgement until someone said to me that I'd look like a yuppy in my suit in a porsche :scare::thumbdown: I test drove the zed and the rest is history :yahoo:

I agree Sarnie, most of what we buy is in some sense a status symbol, otherwise we wouldn't have fake clothing in existence for those who WANT a lifestyle they can't afford.