Thinking about putting my car back to standard :(

P15UL T

Ok guys...ive spent a few weeks thinking about this and ive not came to a decision quite yet

as im looking into getting a GTR i cant keep on waiting till the right person comes along to buy my car.

so i have had a few thoughts about stripping my car back and getting oem bumpers, wheels, ect to put it back to its original self getting it painted and then trade it in against the GTR

i obiviously would need to get the oem parts pretty cheap or free ;) to make this work

now i dont want to start a "first dibs" on anything at the moment as in just thinking about it

of course if anyone wants to make me a part exchange offer with there 350z then i may consider that route.

any ideas guys on what may be the best way ??

for sale thread:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37269

thanks

Paul

i did ask the GTR rep today but he said he would prefer to see the car first..... didnt want to show him the car as it currently is

i wouldnt make all the money back if i split it but it would save me time in waiting

i can get the painting done cheap enough and im sure i can get the oem parts cheap as well

i did ask the GTR rep today but he said he would prefer to see the car first..... didnt want to show him the car as it currently is

i wouldnt make all the money back if i split it but it would save me time in waiting

i can get the painting done cheap enough and im sure i can get the oem parts cheap as well

I'd phone around a few dealers and get trade in prices,they should all be able to give you a price within a few hundred quid with an allowance for movement once they see the car.

I'd say they'd offer you about £6-7k for the zed as standard, how much would you get for the rest of your mods?

Why not just drastically cut the price of the car as is? Andy listed his car at £15k and it sold rapidly.....................

As above as a comparison, I put mine up for £15k and it went in a day and a half for near on the asking price without the plate and without any of my install. I could have probably got a bit more if I had waited but once I had made my mind up to sell it, I just wanted it gone. Yours has a lot more on it that mine did mind so you could get more than I did for mine imo. :thumbs:

Noooooooo! Be a major shame to see this car broken up. My advice is do a wee bit of deposit saving and keep it and get a gtr - thats why your building a big ass garage. ;)

If it happens though, give me a pre emptive text so I can go dib crazy! :blush:

Although it is a really nice zed even at 18k its alot for a 53 plate ....... i know how much money and time has been spent but i have been in the same situation and all the mods dont gain you that much more when the time comes to sell against a standard one. If you get say 7k trade in for it all standard will you really be able to make 11k on the aftermarket stuff to get to your18k?

Difficult one, 18k it's a good price and not too far from the 23 you spent but as you says it will take longer to sell on the other hand if you put it back to standard you probably want to do the same with the colour and that wont be cheap.

IMO, Sell some of the extras but keep the body as it is and put her up at 18 but you must be patience (you'll enjoy the GTR even more when it comes)

Although it is a really nice zed even at 18k its alot for a 53 plate ....... i know how much money and time has been spent but i have been in the same situation and all the mods dont gain you that much more when the time comes to sell against a standard one. If you get say 7k trade in for it all standard will you really be able to make 11k on the aftermarket stuff to get to your18k?

theres almost 30k worth of kit there m8, and its amazing

theres almost 30k worth of kit there m8, and its amazing

So? just because thats what it cost new, doesn't mean thats what its worth now.

As much as I love Pauls car, I think it will be hard to get £18k for it. I had a similar thing when I tried selling my car last year :dry:

Also just because most of us like it, that doesn't mean that everyone else must instantly think it is ;) IMO the colour could put a lot of people off :blush:

I know he could sell all the stuff seperate to cover the 11k people are talking about.

The car has a great history on here and a proper show car. I love the car and think its one of the best looking 350z's on the forum.

If your splitting paul, i'm interested in the nitrous and purge kit etc

The cars awesome but the mods wont achieve the cost you want for the car, although it would be horrible to see you break the car as the effort to get to this point must have been MASSIVE, its probably the best way to get the money your after. Swop parts for OEM plus cash obviously. Depends on how desperate you are for a GTR at the end of the day.

All i am saying is you must be realistic with it. I bought a seat ibiza cupra r for 9k spent 8k on it and sold it a year later for 9.5k . I really do hope you get what you want for it, but being so modified you have drastically reduced the people who would be interested. In the last 5-6 years i have lost around 30k on doing the same thing so i really do feel your pain, do i regret it?....... no :lol: Those little moments when you spank a 911 in a seat and fly past a s2000 in a 306 make it for me all worth it :yahoo:

I'll give you mine plus 24 monthly instalments of £250, deal? :D:D

Best looking zed I have seen!

if it wasnt for the 100,000 miles you have done i might have considered it :lol:

Ahh but I've personally only done 600 so we're all good! :D.