Fantastic site but ........messy meet threads

Could we not have a mechanism that allows the first post on a meet announcement to be accessible by all members .... that way the list of attendees could be updated without the need for repeat posts to keep the list up to date

A good example of how the present procedure is a bit messy is as shown in this thread where the list is updated many times

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=36677

What about this? I'm part of a gaming clan, we play matches against other clans. We have a system on our forum where we can "sign up" to a match automatically. I'm not sure how it works or what program's used but if the mods/members think it could be a good idea, I will certainly investigate it . . . ?

http://www.thekoss2.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11056

Basically this thread's put up & members click one of four buttons - Will attend, Reserve, Unsure, Won't attend. Very useful & keeps the thread open for chit chat whilst the original post updates every time someone gives their status. Thought it might be useful for this forums meet threads etc.

Geeky I know, but it could help :)

I'M NOT A NERD DAMMIT! I'm in the Army so there :p

Ok, one of the guys actually made it! :scare:

I've spoken to him & for a small donation to the clan (We run our own dedicated servers, these cost money :blush:). He'll do it for 350Z-UK.com.

I've got to catch him on MSN tonight to go over details & I'll let you know more then :)

I do have some uses . . . . :dummy:

I'm currently speaking to him on MSN. He's suggested a single donation to the clan of 30 euro's. This may sound a lot, but for what you're getting, it's not bad really . . .

He says there's an easy way & a difficult way to get it up & running . . . The easy way is that you give him ftp access and he does it for you, which he's prepared to do. The difficult way is that he get an admin on msn and tell him what to change where. Also, these things usually take 2 hours easily, €30 isn't much for 2 hours work . . .

Let me know if you'd be interested & If so, I can get the ball rolling. Obviously I've used this system, it's very good & useful.

Cheers.

im EOD mate was working wid engers from 33 in the gahn, i just got back!!, epic tour! :yuck:

thought would treat meself wid the money! :thumbs:

Lol, I was playing civpop for you lot when on SPTA just after Xmas! Don't suppose you remember a bunch of "Farmers" around one of the FOB's do you? We were rather annoying :lol:

Lost quite a few of the 33 lads when you were out there didn't you?

Glad you're spending your LSA on something useful :lol:

Millzzz,

thanks for the offer from your clan mate about sorting out a meeting mod for us but we've sourced our own version, which i think you will all be pleasantly surprised by :)

it's just in the testing stage now but should be online very shortly, famous last words :blush::lol:

Cheers

Neo

on behalf of the 350z-uk.com team :)