New Zed feels twitchy

jimgallaher

Hi,

Got my 350Z Tuesday, had a run out in it Tuesday evening and it was fantastic.Took it out today and it was wet, quite a lot of surface water. The traction control light flashed on quite a few times normally when accelerating (quite gently) out of a corner. Funny thing it seemed to be the front wheels struggling, not the rears as I would have thought.I.ve been driving fast Fords for years and the last rear wheel drive car I owned was 25 years ago, so it seems unusual that the front wheels seem to be an issue. The fronts are bridgestone potenzas not new but still plenty of tread, the rears are new no name, maybe this is the problem ? Any comments, suggestions would be most welcome.

It's a fantastic car, but I don't feel I can push it too hard as it has seemed way to "twitchy" so far accelerating in the wet conditions, I was expecting it to be more forgiving.

defo need the same brand and tread pattern of tyres front AND rear, i had similar trouble when i had original bridgestones on the front and toyo proxies tr-1 on the rear, had toyo all round for a good few years and no problems what ever the weather....................... well except snow then the Z stays at home :)

Dont mix tyre compounds as the others have said. The other issue you are likely facing, is that the rear tyres are the wrong size. If you post up front and rear tyre sizes then we can check that out. :thumbs:

i have mixed bridgestone and nankang as my temporary tyres. its exciting shall we say :blush:

a set of tyres could be cheaper than the cost of extra underpants in the long term :blush:

done :thumbs:;)

show us your wheels :surrender:

i have mixed bridgestone and nankang as my temporary tyres. its exciting shall we say :blush:

a set of tyres could be cheaper than the cost of extra underpants in the long term :blush:

done :thumbs:;)

show us your wheels :surrender:

patience, on friday/saturday :p