'Longlife' custom built?

Simon+Kat

As far as I know Longlife are the same as Powerflow in that it's a franchise so quality will vary based on the outlet doing the work. The best bet would be to try and get a recommendation for a particular Longlife branch and then you should be fine. :thumbs:

As far as I know Longlife are the same as Powerflow in that it's a franchise so quality will vary based on the outlet doing the work. The best bet would be to try and get a recommendation for a particular Longlife branch and then you should be fine. :thumbs:

The main difference between Poweflow and Longlife is Longlife are a better grade of stainless, cant remember where I read that but sure it's right. Its the quality of the welding that will vary from welder to welder so if you get a reccomendation for a branch try and check if the guy welding your's is the same guy that did the one the reccomendation was based on.

Still cant believe that price, If i had got quoted that I would have deffo had one.

That is a very good price. I'm just wondering now, do they realise "cat back" on a 350z includes the Y pipe? ;)

Must admit i wondered that, and, when they say 'any design' do they mean it? some things must take longer to fabricate than others and time is money as they say. I will have to email them the above piccy and see if the quote is still the same.

Longlife are/were a Cardiff based company and they give you a lifetime guarantee with their exhausts (as long as you own the car that is). I've seen a few on other cars back home and they are pretty nice! Would love to see their 350Z exhaust! :thumbs:

Longlife Cardiff suck. Pro speed all the way B)

Oh yes Matt, thats the badboy i'm talking about......gives me a strange feeling in my tummy. :)

I'll keep you updated if i go for it.

cheers, gives me a strange feeling too, love it

if its from the cats back id get one. for that price. group buy :thumbs:

+1

do you have a replica of this exhaust? if so can you post some pics please

Oh yes Matt, thats the badboy i'm talking about......gives me a strange feeling in my tummy. :)

I'll keep you updated if i go for it.

cheers, gives me a strange feeling too, love it

if its from the cats back id get one. for that price. group buy :thumbs:

+1

do you have a replica of this exhaust? if so can you post some pics please

no i don't have a replica of this exhaust :ban:

sorry, does anyone?

a few people have the ebay knockoffs

I have a replica/knockoff HKS and I'm picking my car up tomorrow so can get some pics :lol:

cool beans, look forward to seeing them

I would like to see this also! :)

Ive got a longlife custom exhaust from planetperformance went the true dual route and asked them to put an Xpipe in after the cats inplace of that crappy Ypipe. The lifetime warrenty swung me I got mine for a great price but had to wait on the right tail pipes as most dont fit due to my design. If its a good fitter/welder just get some photos off the net of any exhaust and say I want this lol mine was a combo of mustang exhaust pics and hks 350z ones, they did say the hks would be hard to make and would be too loud if you dont put in those weird resonator cylinders at the back so mine went parrallel in the same spot the jdm fitted in. also you may find with a hks replica your ground clearance would be crap. check my pics on custom exhaust a few posts down. Took from 8am till 11.30pm to make and fit! :headhurt:

I would reccomend Longlife Cardiff, I purchased a Powerflow from Topgear Bridport years ago for my 206 XS and it sounded horrible and did not fit correctly and much slower acceleration. To fit the extra tailpipe they cut the rear bumper with a hacksaw and did not even sand it smooth it had stray pieces of plastic hanging off. After complaining they took it back in and still did not fit properly so they sent me to Longlife and told them to sort it which they did they found the diamater pipe they had used was for the 1.6 16v (which I reminded the fitter twice there were two different 1.6's) instead and they reduced it by a quarter of an inch and the car sounded much better, fitted correctly and performed like it used to which to me was great!

Since then I and friends have used Longlife and none of us have been dissapointed. Thumbs up I say!

• 3 weeks later...