Been lurking for a while - but ..... UPDATE !

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, just turn it (TC) off by the switch to the right hand side of the steering coloumn, next to the head light washers!

Then it will let you play! ;):D

Yeah I know :thumbs: Just wanted to spend a bit of time getting used to the car before I press the button so I dont end up going through a hedge backwards! Are there many horror stories of people loosing control with the TC off, like there are on the S2k forum?

You mentioned 'the 300bhp model' - now i've got an excuse 'cos i'm a newb - but i thought that they were all 276bhp - or was that GT4 version different. Plus do you all think that next year Nissan have any plans update the Z again - and would it be worth waiting even longer 'till that one comes out !?

Yeah Ive got the GT4, they made 176 of them in 2005 and have the 300ps (297bhp) engine thats now std in the 2006 model. Some rumours of 2007 changes have been reproted on here as well.

Mark, just turn it (TC) off by the switch to the right hand side of the steering coloumn, next to the head light washers!

Then it will let you play! ;):D

Yeah I know :thumbs: Just wanted to spend a bit of time getting used to the car before I press the button so I dont end up going through a hedge backwards! Are there many horror stories of people loosing control with the TC off, like there are on the S2k forum?

No Mark, tbh ...... as long as its dry then its pretty progressive...... you'd have to drive like a right muppet to get it that bad. Just don't be getting used to it in the rain etc :wacko:

I haven't heard of anyone on here getting it so messed up that they needed new trousers..... :D

Well i 'had it out' with the wife last night and she say 'YES' !!!! :yahoo:

Now all i've got to do is find one that is the right spec and price up here in Scotland. My local dealer only has one black roadster - which isn't to my taste (the roof not the colour) and a tad too expensive.

I'm looking at spending about 25K and have found the perfect one at a dealership in Birmingham which is a 2005 GT with the full NISMO kit in Azure. Absolutely gorgeous but just too far to travel for them to offer me a pittance for my trade-in. I'm being offered 22K for my C70 at my local dealership so now i've got that in mind i'm reluctant to accept anything less.

Will keep you all posted how the search goes, but MOST IMPORTANTLY i'll be definetly joining the world of Z in the VERY near future - hopefully ASAP !!!! :teeth::thumbs:

I had to travel for my Zed. They are pretty scarce up in our neck of the woods.

Yeah i'm finding that too now Stew. Tell me did you p/x your old car with who ever you bought your Z from? I am thinking of trying to ask the dealership down south to give me a value for my car over the phone (with some sort of disclaimer for both parties that if either car isn't what it's claimed it is then either one of us can back out without any repercussions) and if the price is right i would quite happily give them a deposit and travel to pick it up. Anyone ever done anything like this ever before !? I know it's a long shot - it's just SUCH a nice car and would hate it if it was the only example of it's kind that came up for sale whilst i'm looking and i missed a great opportunity !?

They will most likely be able, if willing, to give you a guideline price for a p/x. Then it would depend on condition etc and their eagerness to ship the Z out. But if you can get them to give you a guideline, then at least you'll know if its going to be worth a journey down to see them.

Good luck!!

And Z's are getting ever more popular up north eh? Im moving now in 2weeks and on the hunt for one! :)

never been to Larbert exactly mate but the area around it is pretty nice and a great location for commuting to all the major areas in Scotland (Edinburgh and Glasgow and Stirling etc.) plus you are the right side ot 'the Central Belt' to go up north like i did (with the RX8) on MANY MANY an occasion for a blast in the highlands - THE BEST ROADS IN THE WORLD for a good blast !!!! :teeth::yahoo::thumbs:

All in all a V good choice mate ! Best of both worlds !!!! :D

I had to travel for my Zed. They are pretty scarce up in our neck of the woods.

Yeah i'm finding that too now Stew. Tell me did you p/x your old car with who ever you bought your Z from? I am thinking of trying to ask the dealership down south to give me a value for my car over the phone (with some sort of disclaimer for both parties that if either car isn't what it's claimed it is then either one of us can back out without any repercussions) and if the price is right i would quite happily give them a deposit and travel to pick it up. Anyone ever done anything like this ever before !? I know it's a long shot - it's just SUCH a nice car and would hate it if it was the only example of it's kind that came up for sale whilst i'm looking and i missed a great opportunity !?

When I bought my first zed I traveled from brum down to stansted to buy it and had agreed a px price on my old car. What I was after was very specific and as long as the zed was in good condition, I was going to buy. Also, the guy who bought that zed from me came all the way down from scotland on a train to buy mine from me :scare: To be fair, if what your after is very specific eg sat nav or alezan etc then you may have to travel :thumbs:

The thing to remember is how good will the journey home be :teeth:

The thing to remember is how good will the journey home be :teeth:

HELL YEAH !!!!11 that's EXACTLY what i am thinking !!!! if i drove to Birmingham and then had to drive home (after an initial visit obviously) in a fantastic new (to me) Z then i can't think of a better way to get to know the new love of my life !!!! :yahoo::teeth::thumbs:

I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they say and then let you all know.

on a slight side note - my local dealer is trying to get this car for me and then sell it on to me but is having trouble getting in touch with them (they think that that dealership is beinga bit reluctant to not get the trade for themselves) so if i can do a longish journey to get the car i love then all the better !

burgershot

give my local nissan a ring if your looking for one closer to home about 2.5 hour drive to barrow-in-furness thy had about five z last week,barton townley(barrow)ltd on 01229 823131 might save traveling too far.

max.

I'm looking at spending about 25K and have found the perfect one at a dealership in Birmingham which is a 2005 GT with the full NISMO kit in Azure. Absolutely gorgeous but just too far to travel for them to offer me a pittance for my trade-in. I'm being offered 22K for my C70 at my local dealership so now i've got that in mind i'm reluctant to accept anything less.

I considered this one when buying mine as its only down the road from me, lovely car but I thought it a bit overpriced IMHO.

Have you considered buying private? There's quite a few on www.pistonheads.com which is where I got mine from. I ended up with a newer lower mileage car than I would have got from a dealer.....

When I bought my first zed I traveled from brum down to stansted to buy it and had agreed a px price on my old car. What I was after was very specific and as long as the zed was in good condition, I was going to buy.

How strange, I drove from Brum to Stansted 2 weeks ago to pick up my first Zed!! :D

Have you considered buying private? There's quite a few on www.pistonheads.com which is where I got mine from. I ended up with a newer lower mileage car than I would have got from a dealer.....

Well i would - but that would mean selling my car privately and i just don't have the energy or time to do that - i'm a lazy bugger me ! :wacko:

But i did look at pistonheads and you're right - there are some crackers on there.

I was going to trade my car but the dealer I bought mine from offered 2k less than I got when selling privately. 5.5k v 7.5k

I also saved about 3k on the used price down south v aberdeen.

All in all a healthy saving!

I kept my old car and sold it after. Took a week or two for the reg to be transferred etc.

Well if you see any up here give me a shout and I'll have a look for you.

When I bought my first zed I traveled from brum down to stansted to buy it and had agreed a px price on my old car. What I was after was very specific and as long as the zed was in good condition, I was going to buy.

How strange, I drove from Brum to Stansted 2 weeks ago to pick up my first Zed!! :D

So thats two GT4's in Brum :thumbs: Where abouts in brum are ya?

Welll i've just GONE AND DONE IT !!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

My local dealer was able to haggle with the guys down in Birmingham and were able to get the 54 Azure with Nismo kit up here for me and kept my trade-in price for my car the SAME !!!??? That one is still baffling me - as most of the time dealers will give one price for your car based on one vehicle and if you decide on a cheaper car then they will give you an offer of much less on your car etc. etc.

Anyway it's costing me hardly anything to go from my brick to a new (to me) Z and i won't have to travel to pick it up - plenty of driving to be done anyway once i get my hands on it up in the Highlands ! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::teeth::teeth:

Probably be about 2 weeks for them to get it here .. now officially THE longest two weeks in history !!!! :wacko:

So .. the next Scottish meet - when's that then !?