Been lurking for a while - but ..... UPDATE !

..... definetly decided that my next car WILL be a Z. So I thought it only right to say hello. :teeth:

Earlier this year i sold my 3yr old RX8 (yeah yeah whatEVER i know i know :p ) and got a new Mazda6 MPS - thinking it was a Scooby/Evo without the madness !!!! However i was SO wrong and THEN thought that a nice comfy expensive cruiser was the right avenue to go down and traded (and YES lost a sh@t load of cash trading) 'up' to a new Volvo C70 (it had a flashy foldy metal roof and i thought that would solve all my problems/worries). ANOTHER 4 months down the line and i have found myself back on 'familiar territory' amongst other Jap Mad Sports Car Chaps and Chapesses.

I was always on the UK RX8 forum and enjoyed the experience as much as my wife would let me .... :angry::p:angry::teeth::headhurt:

So anyway now i am decided but i'm going to wait until next year before getting a Z - whether it be a new one or a 'nearly new' - GOTTA BE BLACK (or Blue or Sliver or Yellow ... ooooh i DUNNO !?)

So i'll be lurking about for a while and keeping an eye on what goes on in your world of Z until i can justify changing car AGAIN ! :teeth::teeth::teeth:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never change you initial Idea,,, always backfires imo (kuro I'm on about) ;)

Going off previously owned cars you state, the zed wins hands down :teeth:

No contest buddy.... Can't believe your willing 2 wait so long :blush:

Anyhow :welcome: to the club if I haven't already said so :D

DON'T SAY THINGS LIKE 'Can't believe your willing 2 wait so long :blush: ' or you KNOW i'll go and do it - i could trade in the C70 tomorrow and get a V good Z 'nearly new' for exactly the same price but the wife would KILL me for changing my car 3 TIMES in 6 MONTHS and if i ever want sex EVER again and i know what's good for me then i had better just be patient (a word that is like salt in my mouth - 'patient' that is NOT 'sex').

anyway it's nice that the two most 'recognisable' avatars have said 'hello' at this un-Godly hour and so quickly (only left the computer for 5 mins to put our 4yr old back to bed AGAIN) :teeth::D:thumbs::teeth:

DON'T SAY THINGS LIKE 'Can't believe your willing 2 wait so long :blush: ' or you KNOW i'll go and do it - i could trade in the C70 tomorrow and get a V good Z 'nearly new' for exactly the same price but the wife would KILL me for changing my car 3 TIMES in 6 MONTHS and if i ever want sex EVER again and i know what's good for me then i had better just be patient (a word that is like salt in my mouth - 'patient' that is NOT 'sex').

anyway it's nice that the two most 'recognisable' avatars have said 'hello' at this un-Godly hour and so quickly (only left the computer for 5 mins to put our 4yr old back to bed AGAIN) :teeth::D:thumbs::teeth:

Thats what were here for. And to keep SAJ in a job :p

'Do it, do it, do it now :thumbs: Sh*t sorry no dealers are open at the minute :D '

... now where IS the 'one click purchase' button on AutoTrader !??!?!?!?

I swear to GOD if alcohol, an 'add to basket' button, and YOU LOT were all in tow together i would SERIOUSLY be divorced right now !!!!!!!1169etc.

Do it mate you wont regret it :D

I had an RX8 for two years and was one of the founders of the OC. Ive only had mine a week and the Zed is a completely different experience to the RX8 but I love it!

Oh, and its got to be BLACK :thumbs:

Oh yes black indeed ! :teeth:

So tell me what's the main differences you've noticed ( apart from the lack of 2 rear seats obviously :p )

I really noticed a HUGE diffence with the torque of the 6MPS when i had it - the biggest downside was the lack of respect i had gotten used to which came with the RX8. People used to move out of the way and would not sit RIGHT UP your @rse on motorways etc. which all vanished with the MPS - they probably looked in their rearview and thought 'oh look a Mazda6 - yawn' I am presuming that all the Z ownens get the same (if not MORE because it's not that common on the roads) respect that the RX8 had !?

Oh yeah one more thing - a dealer the other day told me you could fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the boot of the Z !!!!!????? Now just from looking at it when he was saying this - i thought 'Boll**ks' - but hopefully some of you might be able to confirm or deny !? Not that it's a major worry for me - just good to know if i can get even just one set in there.

Oh yeah one more thing - a dealer the other day told me you could fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the boot of the Z !!!!!????? Now just from looking at it when he was saying this - i thought 'Boll**ks' - but hopefully some of you might be able to confirm or deny !? Not that it's a major worry for me - just good to know if i can get even just one set in there.

Yes you can do this. The Zed was actually designed with a boot that can do it. In fact the boot lid has a sticker on it showing you how...... obviously designed in mind of the yanks.....

One set goes in front of the strut and one behind. Opposite ways around if I remember. I haven't personally done it but allegedly you can. Defo can get one set in as I've seen it....... :D

Re Golf Clubs - dont play but i beleive this is true. Theres a sticker in the boot of mine showing you how to do it!

Comparing with the RX8, obviously the torque of the Z is such you dont have to work the gears as hard to make progress, but if you do it sounds GREAT, much better than the RX8 (even with the RB exhaust I had!). The Z feels MUCH faster in a straight line, not come up against an RX8 yet but feels like it would destroy it (Ive got the 300bhp engine).

The Zed is more tail happy but the TC/DSC cuts in too soon and doesnt let you play as much as the RX8s did. Interiors are about on a par, the RX8 uses slightly better/softer plastics and has nicer ambient lighting, but I prefer the look/feel of the Zeds cockpit. The 06 model adresses some of the interior issues.

Handling wise (after 12 months in an understeery A4 diesel) the Zed is a revelation. Possibly not as nimble (due to the weight) as the RX8, but still turns in well and feels keen to change direction.

Looks wise I preferred the RX8 when they both came out, but to me I dont think it has aged well for some reason. Maybe it is just they are now so common (a la TT) but they dont do anything for me now, whereas the Zed is still comparitively rare and has grown on me as a much more aggressive shape. I get lots of admiring glances in the Zed, much like when the Rex first came out.

Im getting 22-24 mpg urban on my work run, where my Mazda was 18-19, and got 32mpg on a run last week with the Mazda never acheiving over 24mpg in 2 years so the Zed wins on fuel, but is slightly offset by needing Super.

The RX8 always comes out well on track times (eg Top Gear) and often does comparable times with the Zed, but I actually think the Rex is possibly the better track car, but the Zed definately the best road car.

All in all I love it and think if you dont need the rear seats of the RX8 then the Zed is definately the more preferable car for me. I just want to drive it all the time!

Just get one! :teeth:

Cool ! Cheers ! One less thing the wife can moan about i.e. me taking her car to golf and leaving her with the Z for herself and 2 kids - somehow she thinks that would be a problem - not in my eyes - that would just mean that my car would sit on the driveway and NOT get trashed by little feet and sticky hands :p:teeth:B)

The Zed is more tail happy but the TC/DSC cuts in too soon and doesnt let you play as much as the RX8s did.

Mark, just turn it (TC) off by the switch to the right hand side of the steering coloumn, next to the head light washers!

Then it will let you play! ;):D

Comparing with the RX8, obviously the torque of the Z is such you dont have to work the gears as hard to make progress, but if you do it sounds GREAT, much better than the RX8 (even with the RB exhaust I had!). The Z feels MUCH faster in a straight line, not come up against an RX8 yet but feels like it would destroy it (Ive got the 300bhp engine).

The Zed is more tail happy but the TC/DSC cuts in too soon and doesnt let you play as much as the RX8s did. Interiors are about on a par, the RX8 uses slightly better/softer plastics and has nicer ambient lighting, but I prefer the look/feel of the Zeds cockpit. The 06 model adresses some of the interior issues.

Handling wise (after 12 months in an understeery A4 diesel) the Zed is a revelation. Possibly not as nimble (due to the weight) as the RX8, but still turns in well and feels keen to change direction.

Looks wise I preferred the RX8 when they both came out, but to me I dont think it has aged well for some reason. Maybe it is just they are now so common (a la TT) but they dont do anything for me now, whereas the Zed is still comparitively rare and has grown on me as a much more aggressive shape. I get lots of admiring glances in the Zed, much like when the Rex first came out.

Im getting 22-24 mpg urban on my work run, where my Mazda was 18-19, and got 32mpg on a run last week with the Mazda never acheiving over 24mpg in 2 years so the Zed wins on fuel, but is slightly offset by needing Super.

The RX8 always comes out well on track times (eg Top Gear) and often does comparable times with the Zed, but I actually think the Rex is possibly the better track car, but the Zed definately the best road car.

All in all I love it and think if you dont need the rear seats of the RX8 then the Zed is definately the more preferable car for me. I just want to drive it all the time!

Just get one! :teeth:

Yeah the RX8 was REALLY thirsty - and not just the petrol - but the oil too ! I too loved the look of the 8 when it first came out and even commented to myself and others about how much i didn't like the Z - it might have been jealousy and not wanting to admit it - but 3 years later and i agree the 8 is common on the road and looks like a Smart roadster from the rear - i saw one of each side by side the other day and had to do a double take) whereas i still hardly ever see any Z's and when i've been to see them recently I have really fallen in love with the looks just like i did originally with the 8. I think the only real argument i'm gonna have with the wife is the fact that she won't be able to use it with the 2 kids if i take her car for any reason. So that's why i'm waiting until next year and i'll get a new Z AND a £500 runabout just to shut her up. If anything it'll just sit on the driveway and prove my point that we really DON'T need two 4 door 4 seat cars all the time.

You mentioned 'the 300bhp model' - now i've got an excuse 'cos i'm a newb - but i thought that they were all 276bhp - or was that GT4 version different. Plus do you all think that next year Nissan have any plans update the Z again - and would it be worth waiting even longer 'till that one comes out !?

thanks for all this good info BTW - it's certainly fuelling my fire ! :yahoo:;):thumbs: