Tesco 99 Fuel beats 'em all

bernmc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

supermarket fuel is often just branded stuff. The difference is it could be anything, it just depends whats going for what price i.e. they might buy a load from a BP tanker but then the next lot might be from a Shell tanker just depends whats going for the best price.

As for that report. It seems like its doing the rounds. i'm confused by thier printouts - if they have been running this for 8 months getting numerous results that would produce a matrix of results giving average results. I'm pretty sure those rolling roads can't store that many results and then print the average.

As for that report. It seems like its doing the rounds. i'm confused by thier printouts - if they have been running this for 8 months getting numerous results that would produce a matrix of results giving average results. I'm pretty sure those rolling roads can't store that many results and then print the average.

The Dyno Dynamics dyno's can definitely store runs - up to a thousand per ID (usually the car reg) if I remember correctly. I'm not sure about producing an average though- I can't see that it would - what use would it be in tuning terms- so you may have a point.

Perhaps they've just selected a couple of representative curves?

When I was at WRC with my car on their Dyno Dynamics, I got into a discussion with them about fuels, and they had the opposite to say about Tesco - said that they could see the ECU's of cars running it pulling the timing. Liked optimax but said it was unstable and aged quickly, whereas BP ultimate lasted longer.

Difficult to know what the truth really is eh. Can't get Tesco 99 around here so doesn't matter to me at the moment!

Guest prescience
you might as well PM me whatever your beef is :)

No beef dog, touchy today!!!

OK Ok I do seem like the odd pat on the back if I make the effort - which I do for the benefit of everyone BTW.

I was a bit thick finding that particular link

Guest prescience

Yes why was that.

I thought it was fair comment to do the sums based on what the company had supplied to me, whilst acknowledging that lomoto had done a good deal.

And the guarantee point - well I didn't know the legal stance :dry:

I know, the other thread just got locked :scare:

hey???

The one with Val selling the plenum thingy :wacko:

Its ok i've found my way into this one, nobody panick! :D

Presience/Dorian :) I appreciate all the links and your wealth of knowledge, so please continue :)

I know, the other thread just got locked :scare:

hey???

The one with Val selling the plenum thingy :wacko:

Its ok i've found my way into this one, nobody panick! :D

Presience/Dorian :) I appreciate all the links and your wealth of knowledge, so please continue :)

Ditto :)