Tesco 99 Fuel beats 'em all

bernmc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up the leaflet on Shell V-Power today while topping up - it states that it is a 99 octane formulation. Claims "more power, improved acceleration and enhanced responsiveness".

Subjectively, I thought the car felt good on V-Power, but maybe it's been too long since I last had a decent drive in it!

Is the 99 Ron only available in a limited number of Tesco outlets? My local one only has 97 Ron at the pumps.

Afraid so, they have it at something like 75% of them, dont have the article to hand with the exact figure. I have been trying to find a list of them (which I will then turn into a POI for the satnav.....)

Did you do a POI for your SatNav? If it's a TomTom unit, can I grovel for a copy?

Cheers,

JohnK

Did you do a POI for your SatNav? If it's a TomTom unit, can I grovel for a copy?

Cheers,

JohnK

That list does not give the addresses, so I am having to find the data myself :rant:

I can produce a file suitable for most SatNavs so yes I'll do a TomTom one. I also have one for the Nissan stealerships so I'll post them up when they are both updated. (my Nissan one does not cover Scotland yet and I dont want a lynching from Jim)

Guest prescience

It uses bio-ethanol IIRC at 5% by volume. Some of the FI guys in the States use gas with up to 25% methanol or ethanol (race gas), anything above that apparently causes damage to the fuel hoses

It uses bio-ethanol IIRC at 5% by volume. Some of the FI guys in the States use gas with up to 25% methanol or ethanol (race gas), anything above that apparently causes damage to the fuel hoses

have any of you S/c guys., tried Nitro-methane in the fuel, a little dodge some of the race teams use in the motorcycle world... highly illegal of course (but good power gains :) )

Guest prescience

have any of you S/c guys., tried Nitro-methane in the fuel, a little dodge some of the race teams use in the motorcycle world... highly illegal of course (but good power gains :) )

Whoooaaaaah :scare: no way :surrender:

only very tiny quantities ;)

Guest prescience

You do mean nitRo and not nitrous I prEsume

Guest prescience

You do mean nitRo and not nitrous I prEsume

Here you go, a little Peppy kit fOr $29.95

http://snowperformance.net/proddetail.asp?prod=Auto120

Always fill up with Tesco 99 when I can; it feels better than anything else I've tried.

After doing close to 2000 miles of 95 (partly due to being in Ireland for hols and partly as "super" was ruddy pricey!), the car was idling a bit unevenly on 95. Since giving it a tank of 99, it is ticking over nicely and defo more power throughout the range.

Oh, it also dropped from roughtly £1.02 to about 93p recently, which made me decide I could afford it again! :scare: