UY GT4 350z - Help in Surrey please.

Buckley

been trawling PistonHeads and AutoTrader looking for a Zed (again)!!

came across this GT4: -

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1500027.htm

what are your expert thoughts on this?

is it a member selling it? are the GT4s worth paying the extra for? what extras do you get above the GT pack?

is anyone aware of this and could look at it for me, im about 165 miles away in Sheffield/Chesterfield so wanna make sure before i go down to look at it - it is very strking in yellow, think i love it

oh, thanks to shuck and andlid in Live Chat whilst posting this :)

thanks for the replies

more i look at it the more im fallin for it :)

hopefully a member can check it out for me with the distance being a problem for me - as well as me going on holiday next week - but if i get good feedback from you guys and the seller, this may be a go!!

hopefully the seller will also reserve til im back from Cuba, so long as i leave a deposit

cheers

Dont you dare bring that to Chesterfield! :lol:

I think there are already three here, but then again I know two of those were sold, and I havent seen them in a while, so perhaps we are back down to just mine around here, so there should be room for two of us :lol:

The only extras above the GT pack are a numbered plaque, the different wheels and of course its yellow.

When new they came with a playstation and a copy of GT4 the game. Ive never known a second hand one still come with those, so dont go looking for it.

Over time the wheels have become more common as they were fitted as standard in Eire on some models (looks like they had some of these wheels left over), and the engine become the norm for the Z about 6 months after the GT4 came out.

Really you are now only paing for the uniqueness of the yellow imho.

Beware, if it needs paintwork, finding someone to match it could prove a pain - but I know a bodyshop in chesterfield that know how to do it now (just in case you were thinking of a bodylit at a later date).

Hope that helps :)

thanks Chesterfield, appreciate the reply

i wasnt overly keen on yellow cars but for some reason it suits that Zed perfectly! the exclusivity of it seems worth the extra too

i was looing at a silver or gunmetal one but if your havin one of these then you need it to stand out - not sure of the sunset so its either Azure Blue or Ultra Yellow i reckon

(im a Sheffield Wednesday fan so the Chilli Red is a definate no-no :) )

where abouts are you in Chesterfield? im just outside in Eckington (not sure if you've heard of it?) which is kind of inbetween Chezzie and Sheffield

ive only seen one 350z recently, a silver one drivin through Renishaw up towards the motorway

do you use yours every day or is it a weekend/summer toy?

Its a weekend/meets car now. It was an every day car for the wife, and is still referred to as "hers".

Im in Tibshelf now, so not strictly Chesterfield anymore, used to be in Upper Newbold. I certainly do know of Eckington, drive through it when Im on my way to Crystal peaks, or entering Sheffield from that side.

There are quite a few of us in and around the area - have a look out for some meets in our area on the meets section :thumbs:

need the Zed first mate, but hopefully will be very very soon :)

yours is very nice, lovin the yellow panel through the centre console :)

as soon as i purchase mine, ill be at the next meet

ive been a lurker for a few months and only just registered, learnt so much of the members here - the community is excellent

spending this money on a car, i want it to be as close to perfect as possible

wish i was comin to Wales this weekend, that was my original plan whe i first started lookin for a Zed, but unfortunately will have to wait until the next one - also lookin at doin the Nurburgring when i get one!

nice to see a local-ish member! B)

Think you may be mistaking mine for Markys. His is orange and has the coloured centre console and lambo doors :) Mine is the one with yellow engine cover. There are a few bits that need some TLC on mine like the strut bar ends and the plenum, though Im sure you will get an idea on what you would like to do after looking around the site :)

Make sure you check the wheels on that car. Look like they have been refurbed aleady as the shade of silver looks to bright. But some GT4 wheels were prone to paint flaking early on.But you are right the zed does look ace in yellow B)

Amazing what a bit of air brush can do :lol:

Should of sorted the manky key ring out tho.... Lust not love.. I have the same one :lol::lol:

Cheeky **** :p The only airbrushing that was done akaik was on the background. If you had been coming to Wales this weekend you could have checked out her beauty in the flesh :p

Yep need a new key ring that one is bolloxed now :dry:

You can Dave is an old duffer - check the radio station on the interior pic... ;)

Yes old and tired now Chris :lol: But i can still show the young guns a thing or two at 3am in the morning and a pack of cards. I dont need no shades or hoods to cover my ageing poker face :p

Looks B) As others have said, the GT4 wheels are not so rare, they were also used on the 08 runout models

Later wheels may have been a lighter shade now than the original GT4 wheels ;)

You can Dave is an old duffer - check the radio station on the interior pic... ;)

They air bushed it it to Radio 2 to make him look youthful! OAP FM is the usual station of choice! :teeth: