You know summers on the way when........

nixy

Ha ha ha yeah I knew it was summer as soon as I found myself in an accidental convoy with a couple of TVR's and Ferrari (all with the tops down. The tarts.... )

On the footwear front I have no idea how you women drive in those shoes (and some men) let alone walk in them..

Ah summer, we get a real summer in my part of the world :p

Just to cheer you all up our warm weather is very late arriving this year (still putting on the heated seats every morning), we are still waiting for it-it rained AGAIN this morning here :wacko:

Shorts and flip flops for me WHEN IT EVENTUALLY ARRIVES

My missus likes to drive bare foot but I've banned her from ever doing so........she thinks I'm mean and over reacting at how dnagerous this is.

Well that's the line I go with........to be honest it's just I can't stand the smell of her feet! :lol::lol::lol:

The most annoying thing is when you're car is otherwise clean and shiny but you can't get the dead bugs off without actually going through the whole bucket of hot soapy water procedure. None of the sprays i've ever used have been any good.

The most annoying thing is when you're car is otherwise clean and shiny but you can't get the dead bugs off without actually going through the whole bucket of hot soapy water procedure. None of the sprays i've ever used have been any good.

i worry about the de-bug sprays, i figure if thts what they do to bugs then what are they doing to my paint :scare:

That technique of leaving a warm wet rag on them you told me works brilliantly though :):thumbs:

That was the dried on bird crap you left on your car actually if i remember! To be honest by the time you've left a wet cloth on there you might as well just wash the whole bloody car!

That was the dried on bird crap you left on your car actually if i remember! To be honest by the time you've left a wet cloth on there you might as well just wash the whole bloody car!

your right! (wont admit that ever again) :p

ive started laying a big long damp cloth over the front while i wash the rest and then washing the front last. works a treat thanks! :D

Bugs just fall off mine. Think it's the sealant and wax combo.

Did my bike and bike helmet with it too and it had the same effect! :teeth:

If it does get too bad them warm damp cloth layed on is the best thing! :thumbs:

i thought it was illegal to drive bare footed in the uk to?! sure it's illegal to drive topless to, not in issure for the ladies though... i dont imagine anyway.

bloody bugs are anoying the life out of me! i did was my windscreen for 3 days and could see a thing :lol:

For those that missed it AK pulled into a layby on the Wales run so several of us followed fearing technical problems. I pi$$ed myself when he got out of the car swearing and got the quick detailer and a cloth out of the boot, it was my mate the seagull again and he couldnt see through his windscreen. :lol:

Bugs on my glasses are my main problem. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

When my sister was learning my dad told her to take her shoes off for the first few lessons with him so she could get a feel for the clutch better.

Must admit, I have only ever done it when I've been moving the car in the drive or while camping with nothing on my feet, it just feels wrong, especially on the Z's pedals when it's cold, lol