Iphone rear case advice i.e Iphones don't bounce

stanski

As you can probably tell from the title - not a good morning today- my wonderphone jumped out of my hand and leapt onto the carpark tarmac - side on and of course has squished one of its corners near the ringer volume switch! Ar$@!!!

I've has a quick shuftie on' tinternet to see and its scaring me taking all the gubbins out of the case - had anyone had to replace the rear case on their iphone?

Is it an easy enough task or fiddly!

Will see if I can clip it back in has to last me another 12 months.

Its all still working thank goodness but no insurance on it :blush:

I do not own an iphone (die apple die :lol: ) But from what I understand it is basically a sealed unit hence why you cannot replace the battery?

I could be completely off the mark mind. I assume in breaking it open you would invalidate any warranty it might have also.

Thanks for the help folks and coops thanks for the offer - I managed to clip it back in only a teeny bit of scratch damage near the headphone socket at the top but I can live with it!

Re: iphone is not a sealed unit - 2 screws at the base and you can unclick it - also you can replace battery etc etc - do a search on Youtube - its very modular design it just looked like you need to take the whole thing apart to replace just the black plastic case. Something I was'nt happy to do at the moment - anyway its working so far and it does'nt look too bad yet - if it cracks then I will get a new case for it. :)

Thanks again :thumbs:

What model do you have? i have a 3g and like rtbiscuit the botom of mine split, so i bought a case that goes over the back (normal back stays on), it's 1.5mm plastic so doesnt increase the size by much, but keeps it nice and safe dropped mine a few times and it's come out without even a scratch because of the back case!

What model do you have? i have a 3g and like rtbiscuit the botom of mine split, so i bought a case that goes over the back (normal back stays on), it's 1.5mm plastic so doesnt increase the size by much, but keeps it nice and safe dropped mine a few times and it's come out without even a scratch because of the back case!

Hi elfman - 16GB 3GS - A guy at work showed me his case - think its the same as the one you have - INCIPIO?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Incipio-Feather ... B001M1JLLU

Might be tempted I think another bounce and it will crack further this time!! :wacko:

I bought a fatlace case, cost me about £20

DSC_3397.jpg

DSC_3398.jpg

You can get cases from getuncommon.com - you can design your own cases over there. If anyone wants one from there then I have a 20% discount code you can use :)