K1 + Bumper Tuck - JOB DONE, PICS ADDED PAGE 4

mattbowey

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ians leading the way on this one.

one of only a handful who run single exit.

my opinion rightly or wrongly is that single exit is for 4 pot engines.(single manifolds)

and twin exit is for anything with 6 or more cylinders (2 manifolds) and best if its true dual

fairly certain ian will disagree with me, but then thats why i like his banter on here. makes life more interesting :lol:

my opinion rightly or wrongly is that single exit is for 4 pot engines.(single manifolds)

and twin exit is for anything with 6 or more cylinders (2 manifolds) and best if its true dual

fairly certain ian will disagree with me, but then thats why i like his banter on here. makes life more interesting :lol:

We've been here before ;)

Stock setup is the same as what I have, I just have one free flowing pipe & 1 small free flowing back box as opposed to having one big ass box which doesn't flow as well :p

Not to mention the weight saving

And the sound, the glorious sound :cloud9:

:teeth:

We've been here before ;)

Stock setup is the same as what I have, I just have one free flowing pipe & 1 small free flowing back box as opposed to having one big ass box which doesn't flow as well :p

Not to mention the weight saving

And the sound, the glorious sound :cloud9:

:teeth:

+1, the stock setup isn't a true dual so is single pipe at the Y to mid pipe.

I've got a true dual though so mines better! (even if it does rust after a few weeks :lol: )

mattbowey that's your k1 in the exhaust delivery truck about 2 hours ago!! :thumbs:

Mods! can we get a smilie with earmuffs on it please??? Send it to matt for me, although I do think he's more of a hardcore sound junkie than me haha

Not wishing to hurt Ian's feelings or anything but I don't think the single exit looks right, it imbalances the symmetry of the rear end quite a bit. Maybe if it was made single exit from the factory I wouldn't have ever know it any other way, but I just cant get my head round it going from twin to single! :blush:

mattbowey that's your k1 in the exhaust delivery truck about 2 hours ago!! :thumbs:

Mods! can we get a smilie with earmuffs on it please??? Send it to matt for me, although I do think he's more of a hardcore sound junkie than me haha

cheers Neil, look forward to receiving it. hopefully it will deafen me quickly so i cant hear my mum whinging about how loud it is :dry:

cheers Neil, look forward to receiving it. hopefully it will deafen me quickly so i cant hear my mum whinging about how loud it is :dry:

If you drive with the bungs out you wont be able to hear yourself never mind your mum.

Not wishing to hurt Ian's feelings or anything but I don't think the single exit looks right, it imbalances the symmetry of the rear end quite a bit. Maybe if it was made single exit from the factory I wouldn't have ever know it any other way, but I just cant get my head round it going from twin to single! :blush:

What symetry? :p

No feelings hurt, I took a LOT of abuse when I bought it, more when I fitted it & even now 2.5 years I still get abuse for it :lol: I like it though & wouldn't change back to a twin for anything & thats all that matters to me :)

What symetry? :p

No feelings hurt, I took a LOT of abuse when I bought it, more when I fitted it & even now 2.5 years I still get abuse for it :lol: I like it though & wouldn't change back to a twin for anything & thats all that matters to me :)

ian it looks bloody terrible! what are you playing at :rant:

:p:lol:

i kinda like the single exit idea myself just dont think i could take the noise.

It only gets really loud if your silly (like me) & decat it and remove the mid pipe silencer :blush:

Don't know, my car has been decated (except for about 6months where I run high flows) since about a week after buying it :lol:

This was it with 100cel sport cats & y-pipe

Wasn't as loud as my Nur spec was

despite my decision not to go for the bumper tuck i was forced into it as my K1 touched the rear bumper slightly and i'd rather tuck it than melt it. not tucked as much as some i have seen, also think i need another white bracket for the middle. am happy for now though.

as for the K1

it arrived today (thanks to Neilp) very well packaged and took a while to unwrap, managed to fill the bin too....

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

he got it nice and shiny for me too..

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

car lifted, OEM exhaust on...

DSC_0007.jpg

OEM exhaust off

DSC_0009.jpg

K1 on...

DSC_0010.jpg

slight modifications to allow complete clearance including a minor bumper tuck but not all the way up...

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

and a couple from behind job done...

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

had a quick blast after fitting and omg its loud, think i might have to put the baffles in, very happy with it so far though :teeth:

Lol loving the pics. How long did it take to unwrap? How easy was it to tuck ur bumper? I'm considering mines. Anyways get a soundclip up. I love the sound of it. Jealous now... Hope you enjoy as much as i did. Don't put baffles in keep it loud and proud! :#1::thumbs::lol: