Power Gains

steve83

Hi everyone I'm new to this site. I'm now the proud owner of 350z which I'v been after for long time now for a project car :D

Is there anyway you can get 400bhp even more without bolting a turbo or supercharger on?

And If so, what sort of mods are we talking about?

Thanks for your time :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or just put and RS4 engine in it, that can be done, ive seen one with a corvette engine in, but again thats thousands, might as well buy a diff car with that power. :shrug:

Its not always about power though. I love the way higly tuned n/a cars sound and drive. Expensive and not as fast as FI maybe but they are more fun although I have only drove a few turbo cars.

Thanks for all your replys

In the years I'v had many turbo jap cars but thought it would be diffeent to try tune a N/A as I think with the lovely note of the 350z would sound amazing tuned also, Also I'm more interested in bottom end performance so should not be to much of a poblem I hope. :dry:

I remember reading a Jap mag which had a Mazda RX8 tuned N/A producing 470bhp which set me off thinking could something like this be done to a 350z

In the years I'v had many turbo jap cars but thought it would be diffeent to try tune a N/A as I think with the lovely note of the 350z would sound amazing tuned also, Also I'm more interested in bottom end performance so should not be to much of a poblem I hope. :dry:

I remember reading a Jap mag which had a Mazda RX8 tuned N/A producing 470bhp which set me off thinking could something like this be done to a 350z

10k will do it :teeth: or get you close to it anyway :D

A n/a car thats highly tuned wouldnt give you power till 3-4k depending. With n/a its all about the near the redline. :thumbs:

I wonder if a standard ecu could cope with 6 throttles? I doubt it. If it could I would go for them. But most cars with ITB lose dbw and go for cable.

i think the trick is to keep the original throttle body still wired up but use a throttle cable, that way you can use the original ECU but won't see all the gains unless you use a stand alone.

some on there seem to have done a jenvey setup for about $3500 but the tuning it all in seems to be the hard part.