• Child
    • Early Teen
    • Late Teen
    • Early Twenties
    • Mid - Late Twenties
    • Thirties
    • Mid Life
    • Retirement

I often ask this to people I know. What do you think is the best age to be in your life?

Life is a huge rollercoaster with highs and lows, mixed emotions, losses and gains - but considering everything what would you say the best age group is even if you haven't got there yet? Examples below (although everyone is different):

Infant (0-3): Not a clue what anything is and your in your own little bubble happily chewing on everything. Everything around you has smiley faces, colourful and soft.

Child (4-13): Playing about with mates on the school fields with grass stains on your knees, drawing for homework, making mess and the latest must have toys. Generally chatty to everyone in your class and know everyone.

Early Teen (13-16): Everything is mixed up but your confident you WILL be an F1 driver / footballer / singer - i.e. the next superstar waiting to happen. Get loads of homework and exams, but get to play a lot too.

Late Teen (17-19): World suddenly seems much bigger (super stardom will have to go on hold). A-levels period, messing about with mates, fake IDs, house parties, learning to drive, and trying to buy your first beer and hook up with a girl / guy you like. No cash - loads of free time and still rely on parents.

Early Twenties (20-23): Uni or junior job time. Partying and travelling, probably hooked up with a few peeps along the way and starting to get the bigger picture what you want to really do in life. Probably not much cash and free time is disppearing. Depend on parents but not as much as before as you want to branch off on your own. Maybe even found a proper living partner, who knows...

Mid twenties - Thirties (24-30): Got your carrier going but your still not a superstar. Suddenly toying between upgrading to dream cars or buying your first house. Where did the parties go? Only happen on weekends and only if people are about! Finally starting to get some cash flowing - but everything is still too damn expensive (may have to rethink plans or work harder).

Thirties: Things should be flowing nicely now. Got a secure place to live and a nice car if thats what your into. Maybe even settled down and have a young family if thats our thing. Career going well but you have to try and act more professional - no longer the junior one in the workplace and will even have to manage people! Got cash, etc but may also have children at this stage though.

Mid life: Time to buy a Porsche. Whether its a 911 or a Boxster due to having kids, you get the car you've been wanting for ages and you can finally scratch that itch. Got a pretty decent place to live now and things are shaping up pretty well, albeit a few issues like sorting out the kids. Realising that work is demanding more but you start to realise that the simple things in life are the ones that make you smile the most (i.e. kids, partner, a simple hobby, etc). Body suddenly doesn't look as good -dammit.

Retirement: Time to sit back and finally chill out! Kids have grown up and you have FINALLY enough cash to live on pending you don't go crazy. You've made quite a lot of changes in your life up until this point and you can go on holiday a lot more since you have a lot of free time to do what you want. Body starts to let you down a bit though and watching birds in your garden makes you smile for some reason...

Mid twenties for me!

I enjoyed the earlier years of my life, but I always found them to have restriction. And when I look back now, I think to my self how I could have done things so differently. Right now though, I feel like I've actually became a man, if that makes sense, maybe for others it happened earlier, but now I feel like I know who I am. My restrictions are ones I put on myself, and I don't let some bossy bast** tell me what to do any more. I have the car I've always wanted (bar the f40), a job I really love, and I'm really enjoying life.

I don't miss the parties, because personally I was never one for them. Never been posh enough to sip whisky at a round table with the elite of life, but I've never been daft enough to think sleeping around and getting drunk every night was a substantial existence, I've always just enjoyed good company with my drink and in an atmosphere where the music lets me hear the conversation.

I don't think it's ever been better.

Don't get me wrong, you cant beat coming home from school when your 10, and playing football with your pals. But you still had crap school to go to the next day and you had to come home when your mum told you too!

I hope life actually does get better and I'm looking back in 10 years time saying my mid twenties were crap compared to my mid 30's, because then I'll always be enjoying life.

For me I reckon its late teens. I had everything going on at this stage of my life and was going from super highs (getting the hot girl in school I was too scared to ask out) to the lows (exams, no cash to do anything, etc).

Love being mature enough to do anything on my own without parents but also too young to take the full force of world (mortgages, bills and so on). Although mid 20's are cool as well - just the late teen era was the best for me so far. :thumbs:

Watch the Inbetweeners - they sum up that era of my life (some seriously good funny times). lol :lol:

Wait a minute.....

You go from your thirties to mid-life to retirement???????

I don't fit your descriptions to be honest but that's through my choices! I really enjoyed my late teens and when I was a child though. I'm in my mid to late twenties now!

I'm loving life now but you don't look forward to telling your kids about sitting about your house watching TV! You want to tell them about the best goals you scored at school boy football and about the antics you got up to as a teen chasing women and drinking beer at house parties!

Edit - Inbetweeners IS a teenage boys life. It's like a documentary! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

19 was my best age! Ahh the summer of 2003 :D

Life should be brilliant for me now at 26, but it sucks. Despite my current horrific problems, there is no fun - all my mates have kids, and i work too many hours to pay the bills... :shrug:

all my mates have kids, and i work too many hours to pay the bills... :shrug:

got to say i agree here. once you get to the "mid twenties" zone people start dropping like flies for various things; moving country, married, kids, new job. just too much upheaval all the time. think i need to start living in a caravan so i can enjoy life more :lol:

got shut of the hubby n don't need to work :teeth: faaaabb life :thumbs::thumbs:

lucky for some :lol;

I know but mite have to go out n earn a crust if sodding fuel prices don't come down !! Good job I've got a corsa diesel for everyday use :lol:

dont work and two cars, god your hard done by!! :console:

:lol: :lol: :D

I know it's a hard life lol I own a horse too n 6 cats n guess what I live in a caravan :lol: but I'm not a gypo honest I live in a posh van on my brothers land can't beat it !! Nice n cosy :lol::thumbs:

think i need to start living in a caravan so i can enjoy life more :lol:

seems i was right then!

I still have to pay bills , will be moving into the exstension my brother is building on his house for me soon so more bills :thumbdown::lol:

Depends when you retire...... My aim is to retire at mid-life..then play with cars and motorbikes.

I still have one of my cars I had when a teenager...now I'm grey and sooo old (51 :thumbdown: ). the car looks just the same as it alway has but me... well Ive changed in looks but not in mind! :snack:

:lol: I'll maybe think about answering this question at the end of my life - it might've been dancing on bass bins at all nighters in the early 90s...it might have been at Uni, it might be now - but I sincerely hope I'm not in a position to assert that I have already experienced the best age because that means its all downhill from here :blink: