paint chip repair DIY

cerealuk

Noticing a few chips on the zed in places (mainly small stone chips).. wondering if there is such a thing as a touch up kit i can get (its a sunset) and how succesful and easy to use they are ?

Anyone have any experience ? :)

Has anyone tried the ChipEx kit on a sunset?

Caught the under side of the passenger sill on the rock that my neighbour uses to stop people driving over the corner of his lawn. You have to look closely to see the scratches, but they are annoying the hell out of me. I spoke to a chips away guy who was touting for business at a local Sainsbury and he won't touch a sunset. I suppose that I should appreciate his honesty.

I should have been more careful, I know, but feeling a tad annoyed because although neighbour has plenty of off street parking he never uses it and parks in the road (which is pretty narrow) opposite my driveway in such a position that it makes it awkward to leave my driveway without hittiing his car.

Had exactly the same thing with my sunset and Chipsaway yesterday, as soon as I mentioned the paint code he couldn't back away fast enough.

Like you tho, I appreciate he knows his limits instead of buggering my paintwork, he's also put me in touch with a guy that will do it and he's coming to have a nose at the work this afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

I've bought Nissans touch up 'pencil', as they call it, for my sunset. you get the paint pot and brush, a small pad for removing excess paint and a pot of clear laquer for about £7. I've just put the first layer on using a toothpick (more precise than the little brush) seems to be working well so far, i'll update when i'm done.

• 3 weeks later...
I've bought Nissans touch up 'pencil', as they call it, for my sunset. you get the paint pot and brush, a small pad for removing excess paint and a pot of clear laquer for about £7. I've just put the first layer on using a toothpick (more precise than the little brush) seems to be working well so far, i'll update when i'm done.

is that just from the dealers? I have a little tiny bit that could do with touching up.

is that just from the dealers? I have a little tiny bit that could do with touching up.

I got the same from dealers to do my small stone chips. It was also recommended by a "Chips Away" chap to go and buy a fine artists brush to apply paint :thumbs:

Nix - you can get the paint code off your chassis plate and go anywhere to get a wee pot mixed and then a teeny tiny modelling paint brush or tooth pick to drop the paint into the chips is perfect...I got rid of Saffy's measles that way just before Modified Live last month (waste of time that was :wacko::lol: )

Nix - you can get the paint code off your chassis plate and go anywhere to get a wee pot mixed and then a teeny tiny modelling paint brush or tooth pick to drop the paint into the chips is perfect...I got rid of Saffy's measles that way just before Modified Live last month (waste of time that was :wacko::lol: )

I'm sure that is true, but i cant imagine it being much cheaper than the Nissan one which includes a pot of laquer aswell.

Bought the Chipex kit last week. Paint colour is spot on, but using the kit is quite difficult. It's not as easy as just 1.2.3 as it says on their site, and I imagine would require some practise.

Might end up going down the fill/sand/polish route in the end.