agree on the 3d aspect, i would say you shoudl see in 3d first...

on to buy or not to buy, if you are the kind of person who watches the same films and has a film collection then yes.

if you watch a film once and never again for a year or so then no...

I saw it in 3d and my opinion is that if you miss the 3d aspect of the movie then it's just 2hours+ of your life you're never going to get back.

The movie is visually stunning in the right environment but they skimped so badly on plot, direction, dialog, etc that it's simply not worth the time in 2d.

I saw it in 3d and my opinion is that if you miss the 3d aspect of the movie then it's just 2hours+ of your life you're never going to get back.

The movie is visually stunning in the right environment but they skimped so badly on plot, direction, dialog, etc that it's simply not worth the time in 2d.

Potentially a little harsh but i cant help but find myself semi agreeing..

Saw the film in 2D..couldn't agree more with McW..didn't really enjoy the film..too much animated CGI(computer generated imaging) that looks fake. :thumbdown: Saw Clash of the Titans in 3D..now that's B) . You feel so close to the screen and it felt like you were literally at the scene. Not saying that Clash of the Titan is a good film but did like the 3D effect. 3D is definitely the future of entertainment. I wonder if someone could make a 3D film without the silly glasses. Can't exactly watch it without them as the screen will look blurry.

All, is it worth buying this on DVD or shall I just rent a copy from Blockbusters, I missed it in the cinema and keep getting told that the film needs to be seen in 3D to be fully appreciated… :)

rent imo seen it both in 3d (twice) and 2d and its not the same... :thumbs:

Saw the film in 2D..couldn't agree more with McW..didn't really enjoy the film..too much animated CGI(computer generated imaging) that looks fake. :thumbdown: Saw Clash of the Titans in 3D..now that's B) . You feel so close to the screen and it felt like you were literally at the scene. Not saying that Clash of the Titan is a good film but did like the 3D effect. 3D is definitely the future of entertainment. I wonder if someone could make a 3D film without the silly glasses. Can't exactly watch it without them as the screen will look blurry.

Hang on a second please tell me you are joking?! Clash of the titans is renound for being one of teh worst 3d movies ever! They retro fitted the 3d you can watch half teh film with teh glasses off and not notice a difference!!

Edit>> check this a quick search of google: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/452761/ ... icism.html

i bought it on blu-ray as play.com had the blu-ray + dvd double pack thing for £14.99 and someone had one of those £2 off voucher things from mcdonalds so not bad price. I enjoyed it in 3D and expect to enjoy it but to a lesser degree when i finally get round to watching it either tonight or tomorrow.

i'll probably go see it when it's re-released this summer in the imax :thumbs:

... if you miss the 3d aspect of the movie then it's just 2hours+ of your life you're never going to get back.

Having wached this on Bluray today, I have to agree. 2.5hrs of my life that I wont get back. I can see it looks visually stunning, but even on a 40" TV and HD, its not that amanzing - but admitedly it would be on an HD projector. Plot is so thin its unbelievealbe. I would definately only rent it.

Ive read that the story isnt all that, but Ive also read that its referrence grade video and sound for home cinemas, thats my reason for buying on Blu Ray - never saw it in the cinema. Just waiting for the final bit of plasterboard to dry now before I can start on putting the room together now :thumbs:

Saving this film until Ive finished :lol: