WANTED standard exhaust back on for warranty

Neilp

my standard exhaust is still sitting here but it has a broken bolt which im sure is part of the rear silencer ie welded on.

is it worth while drilling them out and fitting new ones for warranty repairs. I have the clicking back axle problem and clutch slave cylinder problem.

If I keep the k1 on do you think that they will still cover repairs under warranty?

Its very much a lottery. My dealer said they wouldnt bother with the nismo and pop charger and indeed, although all my warranty claims were unrelated to this they didnt mention it.

I wouldnt be certain that all dealers would be as easy going though. The clicky axle repair shouldn't mean the K1 is an issue. I would tend to ask them up front. Others will disagree.

ive never really had any dealing with them. its the garage who have sold the car and always serviced it.

its a bit of a pain drilling out the old bolts and fitting new ones, really dont know what to do.

martin- that was my opinion about it, i havent got the terms and conditions to hand to create an argument about it if the knock it bk. i might phone them and just explain and see what they say. im not gonna tell them who i am though just incase theyre watching for me lol

There actual statement to me was " we know you can change them back and want the business". I think the fact that they MOTd and serviced it helped. Its always a difficult shout though. If they get the servicing and havent mentioned it so far I would think you are ok.

Nissan will be paying them to grease the axle so it shouldnt bother them.

im gonna annoy them for the upgrade kit, warranty runs out in june. the k1 has only been on for about 6 weeks so they havent serviced it with it on. ill give them a call and see what they say.

Neil, now that I know which dealership you're talking about I wouldn't chance any reason for them to turn down your multiple warranty claims - just throw the OEM exhaaust back on. Especially with the 'ticking' they'll prolly try and link the two together :headhurt:

Also... with your clicky axle - don't let them get away with just re-greasing - it'll only come back :thumbs:

My standard exhaust has a broken bolt that is actually welded to the exhaust back box. Does anyone have a spare one I could rent for a day or two. I'm willing to pay. Anyone in the central area?

I cnt help you neil sorry mate. Pm zmanalex see if he could help you out. Honestly I wouldnt risk it dude, as the stealers will use anything against you to save them money and time :thumbdown: Hope you get this sorted dude

Thanks alot alex. Stephen only stays 5 minutes away so gonna get it this week. Thanks alot for the help everyone.

Alex is it easy enough to drill the old bolts out and fit new ones? I've had a look at second hand exhausts and seems like it's quite a common problem when taking the oem exhaust off.

Thanks alot alex. Stephen only stays 5 minutes away so gonna get it this week. Thanks alot for the help everyone.

Alex is it easy enough to drill the old bolts out and fit new ones? I've had a look at second hand exhausts and seems like it's quite a common problem when taking the oem exhaust off.

Yes Neil, very easy mate. :thumbs:

What you are actually doing is removing the broken stud and fitting a bolt and nut.

Alex.