A Few Mods Cooking Up

nurrish

Looking B) , apart from the grubby paw prints on the handles!!! :p

Yeah yeah i know :p

Fingers crossed my brakes will be sorted by the weekend! then i can drop it and get it finished off! Eager to get my spacers on :dummy:

However i don't think i will have my lights back together by then :bang:

Why do i do these things :bangin::bangin:

Because you is simples!!!! :lol:

Any tips on opening up the headlights? Im going to have a crack at my facelift set this weekend :thumbs:

Yeh - dont do it. Its bloody difficult!!

Easiest bet is to use a heatgun - like a paint stripper, and a flat blade screwdriver. But the glue they are held toegther with is like tar, and it is really manky stuff.... it is not something i'd like to do again in a hurry.

Any tips on opening up the headlights? Im going to have a crack at my facelift set this weekend :thumbs:

Easiest bet is to use a heatgun - like a paint stripper, and a flat blade screwdriver. But the glue they are held toegther with is like tar, and it is really manky stuff.... it is not something i'd like to do again in a hurry.

personally i woulndnt use a screwdriver, patientence and a strong grip is all thats needed :thumbs:

its takes a bit longer than you think to open them up , use a medium heat and dont leave the heat gun on a single part for to long or it will distort the lens or plastic

personally i woulndnt use a screwdriver, patientence and a strong grip is all thats needed :thumbs:

its takes a bit longer than you think to open them up , use a medium heat and dont leave the heat gun on a single part for to long or it will distort the lens or plastic

Patience... that might be the best bit of advise yet.... i was impatient, and tried to use a screwdriver to pry them open. Paul, what do you do with the black goo... scrape it out or leave it where it is?

Patience... that might be the best bit of advise yet.... i was impatient, and tried to use a screwdriver to pry them open. Paul, what do you do with the black goo... scrape it out or leave it where it is?

That black goo is epoxy resin...thats what holds the seal tight and stops the moisture from getting in...I would recommend keeping as much of it in there as possible!

I just tried to open my headlights and failed miserably on the first step...they dont even fit in my oven :thumbdown: ... so I guess the only way I can do this is buy getting a heat gun ? :unsure:

my lights did not fit in my oven either....i just had half in and then worked it from there

Ok ill give that a crack... how did you do it...heat the oven up for 10 mins at 190 then switch off and leave the lights in there?

also did you remove all of the connectors? or did you leave those on?

i pre heated for 5 mins on 230.......put my headlight in as far as it could go and kept on eye on it for about 5 minutes....i turned it around in the oven and proceeded to prise the headlight apart...

You must remove all fittings before going in.