350z == dead

mut

Hey guys,

Been a member on here for ages, Had a 05 Azure Roadster for about 2 years!

Last thursday, had the roof down for the first time!!! and I got sideswiped by a vauhall astra, span me round and ended up on the wrong side of the road!

The girl who hit me was ok luckily, and I managed to get out with only a graze from the side airbag, but the Z isnt so lucky! just been informed that its a total loss :byebye:

Gutted, weather has just improved, and im driving a tintop again :(

Not sure what to get next, fancy something FI I think.

I dont post here much, more of a lurker, but now im a member with no Z :(

Tom.

Had a 05 Azure Roadster for about 2 years! Last thursday, had the roof down for the first time!!!

Wait, did I read that correctly? You had a convertible for 2 years and only just got round to putting the roof down? That's insane! :scare:

Sorry to hear about what happened though, but the fact that you're still here to talk about it is the main thing. Cars are replaceable, people are not. Go treat yourself to a VXT and enjoy turbocharged topless fun!

First time this year!! haha i had it down in most conditions! :p:cold:

I got a really good price for it actually from the insurers, I used an external firm to sort the claim out, really looking after me too, they have sorted me an X5 as a courtasy car!

Offered the car back to me cheap too!

First time this year!! haha i had it down in most conditions! :p:cold:

I got a really good price for it actually from the insurers, I used an external firm to sort the claim out, really looking after me too, they have sorted me an X5 as a courtasy car!

Offered the car back to me cheap too!

Careful if the "courtesy car" is actually a credit hire car. You are only entitled to recover the cost from her insurers on a like for like basis and any unrecovered hire charges from the X5 are your personal liability. If in doubt, read the small print. :thumbs:

they did assure me that I wouldn't be paying a thing.

Don't rely upon an oral assurance to override a written contract. I'm a personal injury lawyer and deal with this stuff every day. Just don't want to see you getting in difficulties. :)

Glad you and her are ok, thats the most important thing.

I used to have bikes, and people seem to know they move fast. I'm new to sportcars and other people seem to not realise there are cars around that move at the a fast pace too. Having said that its our responsibilty if we are moving fast. I find myself getting shocked that people don't notice, but I guess that is one of the things about having a rapid car.

I was out Saturday, and botted it to overtake a Focus going down a dual lane slipway onto the A19. His reaction was beyond believe, jumping and down, giving all the gestures. Very odd, seeing as I was nowhere near him. Seems overtaking safely is becoming antisocial? Either that or jealousy :lol:

I hope you sort out a new car soon. Get another Z, you know it makes sense ;)

Bradders

Thankfully you are in one piece.

Are you tempted by a different car?? (Not that you necessarily should be?)

When I had my VX220T declared a total loss the bright side was that it gave me a reason to try a different, but equally enjoyable, car (a 350Z obviously).

All the best

Glad to hear no-one was badly hurt and another case where the passenger compartment of a ZED has obviously stood up well to the impact - thankfully for you. Hope that might tempt you into replacement 350 or even a 370 roadster ;)

Yea, its good that no one was hurt, and that she has admited liability, so its all getting sorted now.

Got offered the car to buy back, and sent someone down to look at it, They have offered me £1k more than itll cost to buy back, but im still convinced thats too cheap!!

Not sure what to get yet... been looking at 350zs (370 is too expensive) but cosidering everything VX220 Turbos, 5-600bp Supras, RX7s, Elises, 4-500bhp mk2 MR2s, even cosidering a ford F150 ;) ... really not sure at the mo.

Tom.