slam panel install

andlid

When I was taking my bumper off I abliterated two of those black thingys before I realised you have to take the centre out first :lol:

Actually you dont ;) You lift the center up slightly and the lower part will pull out easily, just dont pull the center part all the way up that makes it harder :)

:scare: There was no way I could lift it out without taking the inner bit thingy off first... :snack:

You were not trying hard enough then :p Now where is the camcorder? :blush:

The mistake people make is that they lift the center section then try to pull it out by tugging at the center piece then breaking the odd clip in the process. This makes it harder, once you pop the center lower it slightly and then lift the lower section up. Piece of ****. :)

broke one doing it that way :blackeye: couldn't for the life of me get it out, worked fine when I took centre piece out and then lifted out the lower piece... can film it tomorrow :D

broke one doing it that way :blackeye: couldn't for the life of me get it out, worked fine when I took centre piece out and then lifted out the lower piece... can film it tomorrow :D

How can you break it the way i said? :wacko: What did you use a hammer :lol: I promise there is no need to remove the center section its very easy to remove the entire clip complete. By taking out the center piece you are more likely to brake it trying to get it out. ;)

How can you break it the way i said? :wacko: What did you use a hammer :lol: I promise there is no need to remove the center section its very easy to remove the entire clip complete. By taking out the center piece you are more likely to brake it trying to get it out. ;)

from discussion on the chat I now get it :D take the centre piece out all the way... push it back a little bit and then take the whole lot out. I had mine pushed out max and it wouldn't budge out of the hole! Mine all worked fine taking the centre peg out and then followed by the bottom piece, as you said they normally break easier that way so your way is the more favourable way to do it. Will shoot a vid tomorrow that you can look at and then post if approved :D

from discussion on the chat I now get it :D take the centre piece out all the way... push it back a little bit and then take the whole lot out. I had mine pushed out max and it wouldn't budge out of the hole! Mine all worked fine taking the centre peg out and then followed by the bottom piece, as you said they normally break easier that way so your way is the more favourable way to do it. Will shoot a vid tomorrow that you can look at and then post if approved :D

:thumbs:

th_MOV00063.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Installed mine at the weekend

Big thanks to my partner Karen for treating me to this :cloud9:

Its a fantastic mod... ive got the engine bay mods disease now though :lol::lol:

Seriously great purchase for anyone looking to personalise there Zed :thumbs:

Thanks to 350z.com for this product :#1:

I know exactly what you mean!! I have a lovely slam panel fitted, a shiny strut brace and a completely minging one of these...

Makes me feel ill when i see it!! :yuck: Anyone know how i can clean this myself?

What the hello have you done to it!!!

think he's on bout his plenum :lol::lol::lol:

I know but how did it get so dirty?

don't they all get like that ?