ASBO for driving

maz0

God damn country - ASBO should be called a SOTR (Slap on the wrist) if you can get one for just pulling away too quickly!

Total joke of a system (it doesn't count towards any criminal convictions) - so basically it is just a slap on the wrist.

I wouldn't be bothered by it TBH - it doesn't actually do anything (it's like getting a parking ticket, you done wrong but oh well).

I can't believe you can get branded something without going to court!

In this situation it might be a little more difficult, further 'anti social behaviour' that is similar to the terms of the asbo he is given, could get him jail time. Which ultimately means that every day he will have to make his commute without over taking anyone, with the fear of ending up jail, other wise yes, it would be easy to just ignore it. He does live in the country side surrounded by 30 miles of country road, and over-taking Sunday drivers is just part and parcel of living there, but now he has to constantly drive with the fear that he could be given jail time if some one finds his driving style upsetting.

They quite like dishing these out in rural areas. My son was warned by the police because one of his ex work mates thought it would be amusing to just stop one night and chat to the local plod and his CSO side kick that he'd seen my son driving dangerously through the local town. They gave him some sort of warning and said if he got two more his car would be crushed!

On Easter Friday I was in the Buxton Peaks area and came up behind a queue of cars doing about 10mph along a 50mph road. Just thought it was a tractor or other farm vehicle. Got to a stretch where you could see the cars at the head of the queue overtaking and when I got close to the 'cause' it was a couple - probably in their 80's, in an old Skoda Favourit and he was simply driving along at that speed (with no hazards going) and looked for all the world that it was his first drive of 2010.

In my book that is driving without due care and attention for other road users and you could see some were taking risks in a relatively windy section of road to get by, out of pure frustration. When it was my turn I was very glad of the 370's horses to go by safely - you now got me thinking perhaps his partner was sitting there jotting down all the number plates of those that passed them and will report them for having the shere audacity to overtake. Makes my blood boil that inconsiderate drivers see fit to 'impose' their speed limit well below that the authoriities in our safety first country deem necessary. :angry:

Second thoughts, perhaps their eyesight was so bad that was the reason for going so slow and they wouldn't be able to read my number plate :doh:

On Easter Friday I was in the Buxton Peaks area and came up behind a queue of cars doing about 10mph along a 50mph road. Just thought it was a tractor or other farm vehicle. Got to a stretch where you could see the cars at the head of the queue overtaking and when I got close to the 'cause' it was a couple - probably in their 80's, in an old Skoda Favourit and he was simply driving along at that speed (with no hazards going) and looked for all the world that it was his first drive of 2010.

In my book that is driving without due care and attention for other road users and you could see some were taking risks in a relatively windy section of road to get by, out of pure frustration. When it was my turn I was very glad of the 370's horses to go by safely - you now got me thinking perhaps his partner was sitting there jotting down all the number plates of those that passed them and will report them for having the shere audacity to overtake. Makes my blood boil that inconsiderate drivers see fit to 'impose' their speed limit well below that the authoriities in our safety first country deem necessary. :angry:

Second thoughts, perhaps their eyesight was so bad that was the reason for going so slow and they wouldn't be able to read my number plate :doh:

My thoughts exactly :thumbs:

People who drive well under the speed limit are a genuine frustration of mine, i'm not talking 10mph or so under..... i come across people daily who think it's ok to drive at 30mph in 60mph zones....... :rant:

one of the lads on the MR2 forum got ones ages ago for going round a round about with tyres "screeching" apparently.

takes the pi$$ really you can accuse someone of something and with very little proof get done for it.

no longer innocent until proven guilty.

Im really realy worried now.

My polo is running comedy tyres on the front. the screech everywhere :blush: funny as hell though

My daily commute is 30miles, the last 18 of which are on back roads, some "A" some not. I come across every type of rolling road block on route from Blue rince coffin dodgers to Artics that can hardly make some of the turns.

There are 2 long straights where an overtake is possible and safe and I use them, because it's possible and safe to do so. I have completed and passed the recognised Police RoadCraft course and overtake in an approved, documented and assessed manor.

The Z is not quiet when you push the loud peddle. Therefore if you wake up some poor sole who's driving at 28mph in a 60 limit as you overtake, he complains and thats it, ASBO time.

Based on this information I could generate an ASBO and be on a curfew in 1 journey. I would challenge this and ask nicely to see video, photographic or winess statements from independent sources when the officers next come back to see me, at my convenience and in the presence of, my duely appointed legal representation.

Total B*^^%X if you ask me. :rant:

Appart from that the colour on my Z makes it a rolling ASBO.....I'm truly boned arn't I ? :lol:

not sure if this is a local issue for you chaps, as when I went into the police station yeasterday to report an idiot boy-racer for doing 45 or 50 in a 30 and overtaking at the crest of a hill, the officer on duty said they can't even send a traffic officer to have a chat to him as it's only my word against his. They did make a note in the computer and said they'd check with PNC as well. If the vehicle is known to them then they have extra intelligence on it's movements.

WTF!!! Surely the PC would need some form of photographic evidence to convict one or hand out an ASBO.. a bit like a speeding ticket. Slow drivers in fast lane on the motorways does my head in :rant::bang: Used to work in Lincolnshire and it's full of them and not to mention the tractors on the A roads. And based on the same arguements people who is holding the traffic up and not adhering to the speed limit should equally been handed a driving ASBO. No disrespect to our members that work as PC but some of them obviously have nothing better to do than to entertain a£$seholes like that.

Back in January when the shop's car park was like a skating rink, just about every night after 6pm we spent most of our shifts either on the phone to the cops or taking complaints from customers about the boy racers doing donuts through the car park.

The local constabulary always took the best part of an hour to show up, even though the main traffic unit base is less than a mile away! :rant:

One of our customers even called them himself, after one of the wannabe drifters swiped the trolley the customer was unloading into his car, gave a full description including registration number. Comment from the attending officers was that they "need to catch them in the act". :thumbdown:

You would think that after receiving numerous calls from the same location over a period of days that a car would at least make a show as part of their patrol.

not car related, but definately police incompetence related....

whilst workin in a pub a customer was threatened by a man with a knife. we somehow managed to get him to leave without hurting anyone, he didn't go far though, he paced up and down the road outside after tellin the chap he threatened he would wait till he was out the pub to get him.

we used the cctv radio to inform the police. they said they couldn't send anyone because he wasn't doing anything wrong at the minute and to inform them if he re-entered the pub or did anythin outside. we were shocked by this. after about 3 hours, the bloke still outside in the pouring rain, the police turn up, find the knife on him and take him away(free lift home i believe).

turns out, they did give a @*!# what we had told them. it was only when they got the 6th call from other punters who were scared to leave that they decided it was worth doing something about.

and just to add to my disrespect for the police and opinion they should spend more time solving actual crimes....

i got arrested and charged in court, for swearing.

absolute joke.

anyway, rant over.

ASBO for driving, brilliant, almost as good as the lass who got one for having loud sex.

My mate got an ASBO while on his CBR600RR. Apparently the police don't like when you GUN it past them.... The police had no real evidence to charge him for anything so slapped an ASBO on him.

He fully admitted to me he'd been a total tool and would have deserved anything he got however he didn't want to admit anything to the BiB.

I've put in complaints against w***er cops before. Like when my car was written off when it was parked. The officer (who I later found out was in charge) was really aggressive towards the girl that had crashed into me. I stuck up for her, made sure in the two statements I made that it was noted that that officer had been aggressive and also put in a complaint to his superior. I put in a complaint against an officer that VERY wrongly accused me of drug driving, my parents were not amused so pursued it from the top down ;) - she got in a bit of trouble for it I believe.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, There are good Police Officers and there are bad ones. It's just a shame that the good stories don't get recalled, only the bad. Most of my experiences (and I've had a few) have been alright actually. Sound coppers who are doing a job they love. A few have been with jumped up ass wipes that have stinking attitudes and are not fit to wear the badge or get my respect.

hmm i am slightly worried about what reports may come of the way ive driven my new car :lol:

+1

If joe bloggs can just say i was driving like a tw@t and his word be good enough, i may very well have an ASBO on the way....... :dry:

dene, you would have got one in the s'charged CTR days at least! you drove that thing like you stole it :D

i agree with the good cop bad cop comment, i've seen some police officers give a good wording to one of my mates when he was driving like a pr**k as they knew he'd calm down after, yet one gave me a warning because i pulled out of being parked at the side of the road and didnt see him, because he was doing about 90 off a round about, after giving me the harsh warning saying i was driving like a pr*ck he proceeded to do about 90 down the road and overtake 5 cars on a blind corner....

As per the original post, this is where i think people over a certain age should have to retake there test, as they wouldnt pass, if you did less that 55 in a 60 zone when on your test you'd fail for driving to slow and holding up traffic...