Am I being unreasonable....Eddz350

Cragus

I can fully appreciate the severe annoyance this will cause, but I posted to prevent the thread from going down a route whch would have seen it locked, as it needs to stay open so this can be resolved.

My personal opinion is that the sender is responsible for getting the goods to you. If you do not receive the goods, the sender should refund you. The seller is then free to take up the case with whomever he had courier the goods.

Totally agree. If I send goods out I use either a courier or recorded delivery. If something didn't turn up, it would be down to me to make sure the buyer wasn't out of pocket. Thats not a trader thing, thats a moral thing. Contact Paypal and lodge a dispute. They will take the money back from him till it is sorted.

Can I be blunt without offending anyone who has posted regarding postage methods?

Absolutely pointless to keep discussing postage methods. The person in question most probably never sent the goods

therefore to say it was lost in the post is his get-out, it's not a discussion about how you should send the goods,

it's a discussion about how you get your money back when somebody rips you off. This story has all the hallmarks

of a rip off.

There are plenty of methods to send goods properly and safely - if you really intend to send them

Until Cragus gets his refund or the goods, this is fraud, simple as that. There is not enough evidence

to support they guys story that he even sent them and he has not acted quickly enough to resolve

the situation, in fact he hasn't acted at all.

That is really what should be discussed here, not liability for postage or postage methods because

that really doesn't come in to it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like people have said, about the only way to actually get the refund will be civil suit, as PayPal have every right to say, the money was sent as a gift and as such they cannot act on this. Whether or not this will bear any ground on the possibility of a refund or not I don't know.

I know that people will often try to save a bit of cash in places, but sending the money as a gift will cut out one safety net that you have. I have done it so I can't say your doing the wrong thing etc. My advise however (and don't take this as gospel just considering circumstances on forums with for sale sections etc might be wise taking it into advisement) would be to only send the money as a gift if you are certain you can trust the person etc. Like Paul has said, the only person that will know whether the item was really sent is the seller. If he hasn't then he should just give the refund. If he has then he should still give the refund but he can try and get some of his money at least back from Royal Mail. If he lets it go to court all he's gonna do is end up paying legal fee's on top of the refund

Keep us all updated with how you get on Craigus

I would :ban: him off this foram as he has not stated his case, never mind disputing and defending himself by being branded as a freud........

Thats my opinion anyway............ We should feel safe to trade with fellow members and not let this trading turn into an ebay dispute........

It's dishonest and dam right out of order............... :thumbdown:

I would :ban: him off this foram as he has not stated his case, never mind disputing and defending himself by being branded as a freud........

Initially he was banned. But for the moment he is not banned but will be if he does not resolve this in favour of Craig. Giving him access to the forum for the moment enables him to respond to this thread, but up until now he has not responded despite logging in several times over the last few days which really tells you everything you need to know ;)

Initially he was banned. But for the moment he is not banned but will be if he does not resolve this in favour of Craig. Giving him access to the forum for the moment enables him to respond to this thread, but up until now he has not responded despite logging in several times over the last few days which really tells you everything you need to know ;)

Indeed, he knows he's been rumbled...and publicly too

he's left it too late for a reply anyway

• 2 months later...

Funny you have just posted on this as I am just off the phone to Stoke on Trent County Court as the judgement has been transferred to them now. He has a CCJ registered against his name and I have now to decide how I wish to pursue my judgement...

I think I am just going to go the baliff route which will cost another £100 on to the amount he owes me! I will let you know how I get on.....

Thanks,

Funny you have just posted on this as I am just off the phone to Stoke on Trent County Court as the judgement has been transferred to them now. He has a CCJ registered against his name and I have now to decide how I wish to pursue my judgement...

I think I am just going to go the baliff route which will cost another £100 on to the amount he owes me! I will let you know how I get on.....

Thanks,

On yersel

Thanks,

On yersel

+1 :clap: he'll regret ever messing with oor Craig! :lol: