Buying help...

Nelly

Right im pretty determined im going all out for the 370.

Ive test driven the auto (they dont have a manual to test) and quite liked it but all the reviews say to go manual?? Come on chaps need some advice :wacko:

Any hints on tips on how to go about buying?? (Ive only ever bought 2nd hand)

If you like performance then I'd go for the manual as it's a bit quicker than an Auto......... :drive1

Also don't just go for the Auto because it's there unless your getting a deal that you cannot afford to miss out on....... :)

But that just my opinion........ :thumbs:

Having driven both I have stuck with the manual as that is what I enjoy + I like to fully control corner entry speeds through the box and engine braking, but I was impressed with the auto and as they both (GT versions) have the syncro rev match function, which is switchable if you don't want it on. Its all down to personal preference at the end of the day.

If you like performance then I'd go for the manual as it's a bit quicker than an Auto......... :drive1

Think you'll find the auto is a bit quicker actually, especially in straight line, but thats not the fun bit :lol:

As Colin has said, its down to personal preference. This time around I have gone for an auto as this is the first car (in my price range) with a gearbox comparable to shift times of a manual and responsiveness good enough to tear me away from heel-toe fun.

Both boxes are hugely enjoyable, its down to personal preference which you prefer. I agree with Jamie though, dont just plump for the auto if its the only one on offerm wait for what you want, there are plenty of them out there to be had. Also haggle on the prices, they are always open to movement. Then push them for freebies like matts and gap insurance :thumbs:

You're spending £25K+ on a car: Don't buy it unless you've tried it, so if they won't/can't find you a manual to drive then take your business elsewhere. :thumbs:

Totally agree.

Brand new car + can't offer you a test drive in a type of transmission = Bye bye

If they can't get basic sales right, what else will they get wrong. Get a manual test drive off them or walk is my advice. If a garage wants your business enough they'll find a manual.

I agree about the test drives I thought it was crap you couldn't try both that's what I wanted to do, I did read someone elses comment about how keen they where to do the deal and they seemed desperate for me to sign on the dotted line :lol:

thanks for the opinions, always helpful :thumbs:

Auto was nice and I can see it being great for crusing and around town but it's a chunk of cash more that's the tough part.

Another thing is not to say I want to tune it too much but will the auto handle more bhp??

Another thing is not to say I want to tune it too much but will the auto handle more bhp??

Yup, the auto can handle all the torque you are likely to throw at it. In the States they have a supercharger kit that chucks out 500HP that they tested on an auto :drive1

Is it worth holding off and getting a 2010 one or is their a major difference if i went for a 2nd hand/ex-demo 09 one and safe myself a few bob??

There was a major revision to the satnav/in-car entertainment for the MY2010 model. If you are looking for one with Satnav, either make sure they take a big chunk (ie almost free nav) off for a MY2009 w/nav. Depending on the price difference I would (and have) go for a MY2010. Search for my thread on "Connect Premium" to see the differences between the two.

Other than Satnav, no real revisions made, so you could save yourself a few bob if that doesnt bother you.

The 2010 has a better sat nat nav with touch screen etc and there is something else, but it has slipped my mind :blush: Good old chris' i will no doubt be a long shortly with the answers lol. :thumbs:

Thats good to know, thanks :thumbs:

Is it worth holding off and getting a 2010 one or is their a major difference if i went for a 2nd hand/ex-demo 09 one and safe myself a few bob??

If your budget allows go for the latest - if not you should be able to get a good deal on a 2009 model and even better if that leaves you change for some mods ;)

There was a major revision to the satnav/in-car entertainment for the MY2010 model. If you are looking for one with Satnav, either make sure they take a big chuck (ie almost free) off for a MY2009. Depending on the price difference I would (and have) go for a MY2010. Search for my thread on "Connect Premium" to see the differences between the two.

Other than Satnav, no real revisions made, so you could save yourself a few bob if that doesnt bother you.

Bloody hell chris that was quick lol :thumbs:

Im not fussed about Sat Nav to be honest only use my tom tom once in a blue moon!

I think ill try and find a decent 2nd hand so i have money for mods :evil: if not ill have to go new.

I was offered a 09 storm white gt auto with sat nav and 8000k on the clock for 27,995 last week, was that a good deal or not?? :wacko:

Visited Nissan today and got them to price me up a storm white, gt auto, non sat nav and they want 33,250.

Any suggestions on what I should be trying to strike as a deal? As ive said before never bought a new car and i dont know how much is taking the mic :lol:

Thank you gents :thumbs:

Visited Nissan today and got them to price me up a storm white, gt auto, non sat nav and they want 33,250.

Any suggestions on what I should be trying to strike as a deal? As ive said before never bought a new car and i dont know how much is taking the mic :lol:

Thank you gents :thumbs:

Take the Mick ..... if you don't the stealer will ...... you can always move on to the next dealer ;)

No amount is taking the mick, just keep going til they say no :lol:

Minimum of mats, you could push then for illuminated sills and maybe GAP insurance. Oh and dont forget a bit of free servicing. Aim high and see what you can get, they always like to think they have got a good deal too, so might have to give some of it up.

Oh and when they whack money off, work it out as a percentage. Aim to get ~10% off :teeth:

Can never aim too high :teeth: Start with percentages, when you get no further that way, move to extras. They're desperate for business these days.

Saying that they did call me and my missus a pair of hustlers when I ordered mine :lol: