Caron Fibre Strut Brace Cover

bhavin85

Hey All,

As some of you might be aware I am currently in the process of making a CF Replacement Strut cover for the zed. Got the first one through in the post on friday afternoon and I am very very pleased with it!

Just thought I would get some pics up to show you guys what they look like! next decision is how to badge the cover...I am thinking a TK badge would look very cool B)

CIMG8573.jpg

CIMG8571.jpg

CIMG8565.jpg

CIMG8566.jpg

CIMG8567.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys :thumbs:

I am thinking a TK bage would look perfect.... but the Liquid Art stuff sounds interesting I didnt realise they made any of the zed! do you have a link?

I will be pulling the next one off in Red and ill get some pics of that up aswell in my Member Traders Thread.

Thanks for the compliments guys :thumbs:

I am thinking a TK bage would look perfect.... but the Liquid Art stuff sounds interesting I didnt realise they made any of the zed! do you have a link?

I will be pulling the next one off in Red and ill get some pics of that up aswell in my Member Traders Thread.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28563&hilit=likwid+art

about half way dwon firs tpage are links to other likwid art threads as well

I have seen this piece in the flesh and have to say it is a quality peice of Carbon, finished to an exceptionally high standard. I am particularly impressed with it and it would happy put my recommendation next to it (if it counts for anything :lol: ) It is the definately the best quality strut cover I have seen.

Nice work Bhav, looking forward to seeing the other pieces you intend to make.

Sarah :)

B) TK badge would defenetly work a treat!

I personally like it but I would be looking into match the side bits in CF too ;)

These could be made but they wouldnt be replacements they would just be covers to go ontop...if theres enough interest I can probably pull something together :thumbs:

Very nice, A tk badge would be nice or maybe something different like the 350z badge from the back? I want to wrap mine with leather but not sure about how to do it.

If you were to wrap it in leather I would suggest filling the 3 holes on either side of the badge and removing the badge...as fitting leather over those would be a right pain! Other then that it should be hard at all...if you have a spare strut and the leather id be happy to give it a go :thumbs:

Looks great! Planning on making other interior parts?

R

Yep got a few parts in the pipe line...next up will be inserts for the door handles and CF wing mirror covers and a cover for the speedo

/me starts the queue to buy one !

Link to the F/S thread is in my sig :thumbs:

Thanks for the kind words guys...just tested the strut out on my way to work today and am not getting any rattles or movement while I drive...so very happy with the outcome :)