A new engine! Ideas?

James B

Has anyone completely replaced the OEM engine with something...... well, ludicrous? Anything like a meaty V8?

It's complete fantasy at this point but I'm considering turning my Zed into F&F style major project. What engines from other cars BMW's Chevy's, Cosworth etc might fit the Zed?

I suppose the end goal is to get something around 600hp out of her.

Also something that could stand to be twin turbo'd or superchargred with +100 BHP on standard. I know it would have to be some solid enginieering!

Love to hear from absolutely anyone that's got an opinion on this................... :teeth:

The VQ will easily (*cough*) go to 600bhp. You can get a fairly reliable 500bhp out of it with a forged rebuild, tin turbos and £20k+

The LS2 goes in it as does the RB26 and J2Z but at a cost.

The VQ will easily (*cough*) go to 600bhp. You can get a fairly reliable 500bhp out of it with a forged rebuild, tin turbos and £20k+

The LS2 goes in it as does the RB26 and J2Z but at a cost.

and weight

Unless you are going to race it on the track what is the point of 600hp for road use?

Whats the point of 400/300/200 bhp on the roads? maximum you can do it 70mph, we should all get 1L Daewoo Matiz ;)

maximum you can do it 70mph, we should all get 1L Daewoo Matiz ;)

No they should be banned as they cant overtake a milk float! I think a minimum HP should be imposed, somewhere around 200HP ought to do it :teeth:

i agree but can you imagine the acidents all the numpties would have if they were sudenly forced to drive real cars !

with the money required to do it , if you have that much cash it would be better reinvested into a car that already has the bigger engine.

with the extra 20k ontop of buying a zed you could get a VXR8 ;)

zed is good in standard form, if you wanted more power i'd look at the supercharger. a few have done it and more are on the way and its much more affordable. still a good 5k-10k job though depending on how far you take it.

with the money required to do it , if you have that much cash it would be better reinvested into a car that already has the bigger engine.

I'm with you on this one, if you have 20k aside to do this sort of thing, then I'd personally get something like a noble M12 for 25k, then upgrade bits and bobs on that. Would be a weapon!

VXR8 :cloud9: