Could it be? A present from the government???

nicon2k

The government in this country takes a lot of stick. People are always saying that they just take and take and never give anything back. I think this is very unfair!

The government has realised that driving at the moment is not pleasant. Drivers are having to devote so much energy to avoid the craters that litter the tarmac, the piggy banks at the side of the road and the ever changing speed limits that much concentration is being taken away from the act of driving.

I am sure you will agree that it has taken them long enough, but the government has finally realised that drivers feel unloved and persecuted. So, rather then reversing some of their ridiculous policies and making life easier for everyone, they are going to give each and every driver in the UK a gift for putting up with it!

So on to the good stuff! What do we actually get?!

Well from the 1st of April 2010 you will get to give the government an extra 3p for every litre of fuel that you put into your car!!!

I know that some of you will find this hard to believe, after all there was not one, but two very generous duty increases last year. However, since it is an election year the government is keen to hammer home just what jolly nice fellow they are.

So there you have it. At a motorway service station yesterday I saw optimax for 126.9p which means in just over two weeks times the price in places will break £1.30 a litre!

All joking aside, is anyone else starting to struggle with the petrol costs?

I dont really blame the companies (Though i am sure opec could do more to help). Its the amount of tax that is the real killer. And it just seems to be going up and up while to roads get worse and worse. Pulic transport for the most part is a total joke and still manages to be more expensive then driving in most cases.

It's just another "hidden" tax, none of it goes on the roads and it does nothing for so called "Global Warming" - time to get rid of this bunch of idiots and while we are at it can we please have an English parilament that isn't controlled by Scots? If the scots MPs are deleted, Labour are no longer the majority party and so dont get to make laws on hunting and other things that the Shire counties take as part of their heritage.

No offence to the Scots members, but you have your own money wasting assembly to make your laws, I'm only wanting the same rights for us English people

for me a bus to work is more expensive than the zed.

the potholes are disgraceful where i live, you could lose a small child in some of them.

noone is out sorting any road repairs whatsoever

they dont bother gritting anymore

im not exactly seeing how its fair tbh.

It's just another "hidden" tax, none of it goes on the roads and it does nothing for so called "Global Warming" - time to get rid of this bunch of idiots and while we are at it can we please have an English parilament that isn't controlled by Scots? If the scots MPs are deleted, Labour are no longer the majority party and so dont get to make laws on hunting and other things that the Shire counties take as part of their heritage.

No offence to the Scots members, but you have your own money wasting assembly to make your laws, I'm only wanting the same rights for us English people

Yeah but the scottish parliments power stops at how much they can charge for a pack of crisps in the canteen, we are still ruled by westminster.

R

This country is a total joke. The roads are a joke and are in the worst state i have seen them in the last 30 years. The price of petrol is a joke. How come petrol prices are near to what they were per litre when a barrel of oil was $150 when they are approx $80 a barrel now?. The British are stupid we just put up and shut up with everything the governments throw at us without complaint and do nothing. Like i said before we pay tax on tax in this country and all we are doing now is bailing out fat cat bankers who cant do their ****ing job :rant::angry::rant::angry:

RIP OFF BRITAIN :rant::angry::rant:

All joking aside, is anyone else starting to struggle with the petrol costs?

Yup - am having to drive the go-kart (Astra ) to work at least three days a week - is pish :thumbdown: and actually quite scary going back to front wheel drive :lol: but the positive is that I get to work quicker cos I'm happy to hare along the back roads where I'd never take the zed because of potholes and so I get an extra half hour in bed :teeth:

I think the price of petrol is a joke. As an 07 driver I'm already persecuted enough paying £400 a year road tax, despite being able to afford this, I believe the road tax system needs to be completely overhauled. If the system is supposed to be geared to remove old cars from the road then why the hell are they cheaper to tax/insure etc. It's a load of bollocks and this government has their head so far up their arse it's unreal. How do I go about changing my status from a British citizen to an immigrant seeking asylum? Seems that's what you gotta be to see the better side of Britain.

Filling up the Z from empty requires a bank loan!

I do have a diesel that does marginally better mpg than the Z so i try to swop them, even it out a bit.

I was surprised to see the Z was getting 27mpg the other day. Unfortunately, i was stuck on the A14 in a 50MPh limit but its never been anywhere near 27! :teeth:

Guess we need to get our push bikes out of the shed?!?!

Umm I think you'll find its the United Kingdom parliment, hence Scottish folk in the labour party. You might even find some MP's from Wales and NI in there as well!! :scare: shall we get rid of them as well, seeing as their clearly the bad ones hiking up petrol prices and stopping you from attacking foxes with packs of dogs. Shame on us. Sounds like the BNP would be a better party for someone like yourself who feels so strongly.

I'm averaging around £140 (two tank fulls) a month on petrol for the Z and its my daily driver. This is tolerable for now, however I will struggle if it goes up even more! Trust me to find a girlfriend an hour and a half's drive away tho!

This country is a total joke. The roads are a joke and are in the worst state i have seen them in the last 30 years. The price of petrol is a joke. How come petrol prices are near to what they were per litre when a barrel of oil was $150 when they are approx $80 a barrel now?. The British are stupid we just put up and shut up with everything the governments throw at us without complaint and do nothing. Like i said before we pay tax on tax in this country and all we are doing now is bailing out fat cat bankers who cant do their ****ing job :rant::angry::rant::angry:

RIP OFF BRITAIN :rant::angry::rant:

Makes me sick. I know the exchange rate is bad now, but still, its not even close to being the same.

Well over 50% of my income goes on tax in its various forms and i am on the basic rate! The people in the highest tax bracken must be paying closer to 70%!!!! Its a fantastic reward for working hard and bettering yourself.

I agree with helping those less fortunate then you but that idea has been warped by the government and is now closer to communism

I have just had this discussion about 10 mins ago with my gaffer. Absolute joke, Road tax, loads of tax on fuel, plus Value Added Tax, plus Tax on top of how much i paid for my car its all tax!

Like you say the road tax needs changing, there are more s**t cars on the road now than I have ever seen so putting high emission cars tax up has not changed anything.

Personally if they want to charge us road tax they should just intergrate it into the fuel so the more miles you do the more tax you pay end of story, then it wouldnt be so bad paying 115.9.

Although i think people that are paying over £400 for road tax is coming back down again but i may be wrong?

Well over 50% of my income goes on tax in its various forms and i am on the basic rate! The people in the highest tax bracken must be paying closer to 70%!!!! Its a fantastic reward for working hard and bettering yourself.

I agree with helping those less fortunate then you but that idea has been warped by the government and is now closer to communism

A little unpublicised point from Mr Darling... We have all heard the headline figure that earnings over £150k will be taxed at 50% - well the item that is kept quiet is that once earnings go over £100K, for every £2 over that level, your tax allowance (ammount of money you can earn tax free, currently £6475) is reduced by £1, until it reaches zero at earnings of £112,950.

What this actually means is that for the money between £100k and £113k, the effective rate of tax is 60%. Add on the National insurance, and if you are an employer, the employers National Insurance and corporation tax and its a chuffing joke.

And people wonder why those that have the means to register themselves as non doms, do so....

A little unpublicised point from Mr Darling... We have all heard the headline figure that earnings over £150k will be taxed at 50% - well the item that is kept quiet is that once earnings go over £100K, for every £2 over that level, your tax allowance (ammount of money you can earn tax free, currently £6475) is reduced by £1, until it reaches zero at earnings of £112,950.

That reminds me of something clarkson said about getting the Veyron to 250mph :

"Somehow they had to find an extra 30kph, and there was no point in looking to the engine for answers because each extra 1kph increase in speed requires an extra 8bhp from the power plant. An extra 30kph then would need an extra 240bhp. That was not possible. "

I'm sick of it as well I recon I pay more tax each month than the average person earns in a month, and what do I get in return....bugger all as usual execept even more of a raping because I have the sheer audacity to consider driving a car!

R

easy target thats what motorists are.

and yes i too am getting peeved at the situation.

i now think twice about journeys and if they are necessary, and i also spend more time going slower to eek out the fuel abit, more to do with the fact thaqt i'm running rich at the moment and down a good 6 mpg on average i think. once my pkenum arrives its off to abbey for an uprev to fix the problem.

we need a new government and a tax overhaul. there must be a way of legally holding back roadtax and not paying as services have not been fulfilled. like paying for a service your not getting. i know in the retal market you can withhold payment if services aren't delivered as previously stated.