Number plates

Stretch

Decided to get a set of snazzy number plates for my zed (despite the fact that I can't drive it for at least six weeks!!) Ordered a set off the net from No 1 Showplates and was very disappointed, not at all sharp and generally poor quality, infact so bad that I'll stick with my original plates supplied from the dealer when I bought the car. Any suggestions please?

Given how much the police are cracking down (rightfully so in my opinion) at the moment on dodgy plates, I can't see any reason for running anything other than normal legal plates. It's really not worth the hassle.

Given how much the police are cracking down (rightfully so in my opinion) at the moment on dodgy plates, I can't see any reason for running anything other than normal legal plates. It's really not worth the hassle.

these were legal, they just were poor quality!!

Sorry, I thought you were after dodgy spaced ones or ones with crappy fonts or something, my bad! Do you not have a local motor factors place round your way? Failing that Halfrauds ones are good quality, but they'll rape your face off with the cost.

demon plates are about £28 for a pair of front and rear standard plates.

i'll be using them for my front as i'll be keeping all the lettering and spacing etc legal, but i'll get them to custom size it and trim the plate down for me to a smaller size.

i'll be using them for my front as i'll be keeping all the lettering and spacing etc legal, but i'll get them to custom size it and trim the plate down for me to a smaller size.

I've just bought one for the front ............... missed out on the custom size though ................ please tell Rich

I've just bought one for the front ............... missed out on the custom size though ................ please tell Rich

read their FAQ section,

they'll do what ever size you want as long as they can still fit the legal size text and spacing.

i'm going to get a JDM front plate, but have it trimmed down to just bigger than the lettering. possibly with "350Z-UK.com" at the bottom

i'm going to get a JDM front plate, but have it trimmed down to just bigger than the lettering. possibly with "350Z-UK.com" at the bottom

Still illegal and will fail MOTs ;)

how come?

+1 AFAICR 11mm border all round = LEGAL :thumbs:

JDM plates aren't legal on UK cars, and you can't have any other text on the plate other than the place you bought it from (which is also mandatory).

Not sure about that, where did you get that from? AFAIK the only text which is mandatory is the BS code (and perhaps the post code of the plate maker although I'm not absolutely sure about that either)