Washer Jets not working

rtbiscuit

about a week ago my washer jets stopped working, i thought i'd run out of fluid so topped up.

tried running the washers; but all i got was movement of wipers but no fluid at all. same on both sides which leads me to think its not blocked nozzles.

tried the headlight washers and they work fine

tried the rear washer that works fine.

re tried them this week (about 7 days since last trying) and i got a slight dribble but not the usual spray.

- do the washers all work off 1 pump? or do the fronts have a seperate pump.

- what should i be doing test wise to work out the problem?

- if i need to change a pump; where the hell is it in the engine bay? :blush::lol:

- is it a bumper off job?

- is it an easy job?

The pump and reservoir are behind the front wheel arch from memory - marzman did a bumper removal guide a while back and you should be able to see it in the pics?

Try pulling the pipes off the pee spouts and see if anything comes out that way you know some fluid is getting down the pipes? I think it's the same motor for all of them except a divertor valve - zmanalex would know he has a wiring diagram - if some water dribbles out chances are it's just a temp blockage

Dude...! Search!!! :lol:

I must have answered this question 15 times!

Take your brake fluid cover off, reach under the window cowling and unclip the hoses. There will be a Y pipe and a non return valve. Pull apart at each section to determine which is blocked, and then replace that part. Non return valves are 2quid from halfords.

I previously stated, more than likely the non return valve which sits in line just above the brake servo.

The windscreen washer bottle which is on the driver's side sits behind the bumper and has two pumps, 1 for front and one for rear.

The headlamp washer bottle also sits behind the bumper but is on the passenger's side and has only 1 pump.

Alex. :)

both my motors (front and rear) have died on me :dry: but zmanalex as sorted me out some new one's which should be here today :teeth:

did phone my local stealer but NEVER got a phone call back :dry: