opinions wanted

wza1977

The time has come and I am soon to place my lovely zed up for sale. I have had it for a year, and following its next service & mot, have to change to a 4 seater. I will miss my zed oh so much, my best car ever, so to fill the void it will no doubt leave in my life, I need to get the right car to replace it. I will have a budget of around £14k, maybe could stretch a bit more. A few cars have taken my eye, Golf R32's, M3 coupe, Cooper S JCW. I want a newer plate car than I have, which is a 53 plate, I think if i'm getting a new car and spending more money, then the car should be newer!

Any thoughts or suggestions about the cars above, or any ideas on cars I maybe haven't though of.

Cheers for your help!

350GT ? just a thought.

See this thread viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32850&start=0&hilit=350gt pics on 7th post.

I looked at them when I was getting my zed last year, I do like them from some angles, but there is just something about them that puts me off, ticks some boxes, just not enough, the most important being the face my bird just pulled when I showed her some on pistonheads!!

thing is at low speeds it doesnt like it, when u move off theres a jolt then its fine and when parking its quite jolty too. but once your on the move its great esp with the paddles in sport mode. the bucket seats are a bit of flash and i prefer mine to hers, but it all adds up. id say get one as for the money you could do a lot worse, and anything better you'd have to pay a lot more moneyzz.

but becos its so smooth gettin back in a manual is a pain for a little while. :D

I wouldnt say daft, they are prob now much better engineered and built. I love Brera's but i dont think they drive well, even the Pro Drive one.

Just go and test drive some but id sau a R32. yu can always take ours out for a spin if you wish im near Reading. :wave:

what about an Alfa Romeo Brera coupe 3.2 v6, or would buying an Alfa be daft?

Looked at an Alfa GT last year, great package but driving position was crap, felt like driving a bus 'cause you can't get the seat low enough. Other that that very nice motor.

I wouldnt say daft, they are prob now much better engineered and built. I love Brera's but i dont think they drive well, even the Pro Drive one.

Just go and test drive some but id sau a R32. yu can always take ours out for a spin if you wish im near Reading. :wave:

Cheers for offer, I am a good 100 miles away though, so will see if my local VW dealer have one in and give that a test drive. I think you are right on driving a few cars to decide, be cool trying them all out too.

what about an Alfa Romeo Brera coupe 3.2 v6, or would buying an Alfa be daft?

Looked at an Alfa GT last year, great package but driving position was crap, felt like driving a bus 'cause you can't get the seat low enough. Other that that very nice motor.

I just read a review that slated the driving position too, think that would put me right off too.

You'd get a nice M3 for £14k :)

I have been looking at M3's on pistonheads, I really like them, but think I may be hard pushed to get a newer car than mine, with decent mileage they seem to be around my price range for an 02 plate.??

alfa brera! although the back seats are useless! how about a 159 ti 2.4jtdm? lovely looking and its got 210bhp from a diesel! i bet it pulls like a train :thumbs: , ive got a serious soft fpot for alfas so i think im biased

What about a new Clio 200 (standard or cup spec)

I was at a Renault dealer over the weekend with my mate who's looking for one - they're willing to negotiate pretty heavily. We beat the guy down from over £300 a month to £260 a month with a free set of mats and a TomTom integrated satnav. We started looking at used models but they're offering 0% finance on new models.

You won't find a better b-road basher!

What about a new Clio 200 (standard or cup spec)

I was at a Renault dealer over the weekend with my mate who's looking for one - they're willing to negotiate pretty heavily. We beat the guy down from over £300 a month to £260 a month with a free set of mats and a TomTom integrated satnav. We started looking at used models but they're offering 0% finance on new models.

You won't find a better b-road basher!

I used to drive a 172, so even though I like them, want something different, however, my other half is looking at getting one for her next car, so will still have some fun b-road bashing!! Might have a go in a megane 225 though???