Just got spanked by a mk1 golf!

bodyboarder

Thought i would share my afternoon with you all ! Picked my zed up on friday and spent all saturday and sunday cleaning it, really pleased with the results. My brother inlaw came over today in his mk1 golf, fitted with a 20vt engine and loads of suspesion stuff done as well. So thought we would go out for a drive......... i did honesty think i would be a little quicker, but i was very wrong :scare: In every gear it would pull a few car lengths on me, just lookeds so funny a 25 year old car going past my 313 zed ! So beware of a little golf around the southampton area because it will make you look very stupid. I will post up some pics of both cars when i figure out how to........ anyway what cars have made you look like a plonker?

steve's 20 year old track pug.... :rant:

and then a 400bhp evo couldnt get rid of me... :lol:

a 15 year old fiddled supra can have a 430 for breakfast...it will never be a ferrari tho.... ;)

dont worry you can pull more birds in the Zed than the golf ;):lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Not that worried about him beating me , as i do love mk1 golfs, plus i always have the last laugh as i just say to him that im going home now to bone his sister :bleh:

:lol: well played :D

i saw a polo on the motorway thought it looked a bit chavvy from the front untill it got closer and i realised it was just the /massive intercooler peeking through the front cut out bumper. otherwise pretty normal looking. i left it well alone.

my mates Mi16 engined 205, stripped out with track set up, was on my bum all the way to 120 before the zed started stretchin its legs an pulled away from him. Power to weight ratios must be pretty close, i reckon the zeds biggest enemy is its weight.

+1 i had an amazing rub against a modified clio 172... we were equal up to 90 then i pulled away very slightly, and on the roundabouts he hammered me. But its still a Clio :lol:

Apples & pears

My mates was fun to drive but had;

air con

sat nav

heated leather seats

cruise control

ABS

traction control

etc

etc

etc

All missing.

I've made my bed and I'm happy to lie in it!

Power to weight rocks.....years ago I have a little Saxo VTR with cam, head work etc etc and it went really well....my mates with turbo's VTS's could run low 12's on the quarter mile...Silly as I would feel loseing to a Saxo, I'd rather drive home in the Z.... :teeth::p

+1 i had an amazing rub against a modified clio 172... we were equal up to 90 then i pulled away very slightly, and on the roundabouts he hammered me. But its still a Clio :lol:

coilovers, chassis bracings, 2.50 camber front 2,10 rear, ps2s and good brakes.... nothing has ever come near me on twisties...yet :evil:

straight line acceleration tho is a different story...mind you my zed goes much better after i lost 2 stones ;):lol:

This is worrying! I had fun with a 172 in my old del Sol SiR!

I had a clio 172 cup about 6 months ago! I loved it to bits , put some coilovers exhaust , filter and remap....... but even after that would not stand a chance against my zed, so so much faster, although they are very good in the corners... but they dont have abs as i found out and crashed real bad and nearly killed my wife! Not a happy experience :thumbdown: