GTR Rims Fit Finally!

geoff-r

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you get them though :scare: I hope there is no R35 on stilts somewhere :p

Hes from Cardiff so there could very well be a wheel less R35 in the area :p

Haha come on mate, this is Cardiff, not Newport! I got them off an R35 that had done 7,000 miles, the guy was simply selling them as he'd bought some new wheels for his car.

Like the stealth look B) .

+ 1. Looks fab! B) B)

If you lowered it, would you not get rubbage? Given the size & width?

They look great!

What tyre sizes are they front & rear? Did they fit straight on?

Widths are 285 rear and 255 front. The fronts have 20mm spacers on them to clear the calipers and upper suspension arm. I have zero rubbing at the moment but I'm not sure if I lower it will cause problems, I'll soon find out though!

Thanks for the comments guys, I had thought about smoking the reflectors as well, they do stand out at present.

looks good, must admit i'd like to see them in the flesh

I'm aiming to make it to Japfest and JAE this year. May have to pop along to some meets as I haven't done so yet.

How did you get them though :scare: I hope there is no R35 on stilts somewhere :p

Hes from Cardiff so there could very well be a wheel less R35 in the area :p

Haha come on mate, this is Cardiff, not Newport! I got them off an R35 that had done 7,000 miles, the guy was simply selling them as he'd bought some new wheels for his car.

:lol::lol: If it was newport you would be lucky to have any part of the car left ;)

I'm aiming to make it to Japfest and JAE this year. May have to pop along to some meets as I haven't done so yet.

How about the trip north to the Wales meet?

I need to check this out, never driven in North Wales, the roads look nice though!

• 1 month later...

Well i'm not going to lie, i'm gutted! :cry: I was doing my best to get a set of these last august (Not sure if anyone remembers my post?) before i went on a six week holiday that turned into 4 months of traveling! I came back with A LOT less money than i went away with so they were well and truly out of the question.

Geoff, they look stunning! :thumbs: Nice one mate! How much did you pay for them? The quotes i got were pretty high!

Well i'm not going to lie, i'm gutted! :cry: I was doing my best to get a set of these last august (Not sure if anyone remembers my post?) before i went on a six week holiday that turned into 4 months of traveling! I came back with A LOT less money than i went away with so they were well and truly out of the question.

Geoff, they look stunning! :thumbs: Nice one mate! How much did you pay for them? The quotes i got were pretty high!

I remember it Chris, I thought you were gonna sort them when you got back, bet you can't afford them now you have been travelling so long :lol::thumbs:

You know the saying :You snooze you loose :dummy::lol:

Doesnt matter if you get some too though :shrug:

They look very B)

I remember it Chris, I thought you were gonna sort them when you got back, bet you can't afford them now you have been travelling so long :lol::thumbs:

You know the saying :You snooze you loose :dummy::lol:

Doesnt matter if you get some too though :shrug:

They look very B)

Well i had saved a nice amount ready to get them, and i didnt plan to go away for so long. My job came to an end whilst on my 6 week "holiday" so i decided to stay with my girl friend for 4 months! Never mind, i had an amazing time! :teeth:

Youre right though mate.....lets start saving again then! :lol:

My my old man picked up his car i looked at the prices of 1 individual replacement wheel... nigh on 5k a wheel... i wonder how much that set cost you xD

5k a wheel?!?! You make me feel like I robbed the guy, I didn't even knock him on the price. Was a top guy as well. Chris I'll keep them warm for you mate, if you had the cash I would sell them but I think I'd regret it afterwards. Not sure I would find another mint set like these for the price I paid.

Nice to see my car parking attendant has returned! :lol::thumbs:

Agree the wheels will look ace if the car was a bit lower. B) And polish those tail pipes! ;)

Agree the wheels will look ace if the car was a bit lower. B) And polish those tail pipes! ;)

HAHA! Nix, unfortunately, I'm back in wales now....although, i could probably arrange the space if you ever needed it :teeth:

I'll polish them once I get the car back, I forget what it looks like, been nearly a month since I dropped it off to Nissan :( guaranteed I've completely forgotten how to drive it once I get it back.