New bumper!

Komier

Hi,

Got myself a new bumper, from Zmanalex on here actually, great service.

In great condition, OEM bumper with aftermaket lip, carbon air intake and badge smoothed over.

Currently it's blade silver but my car is an Azure.

Which means a respray. Local recommended bodyshop have quoted me £200 to spray it. Has warned me that the colour is sometimes a problem even though there is only one shade of B17 Azure Blue. Something to do with the type of metallic paint it is. Anyone have experience of this? Can anyone confirm only one shade of the colour too?

Pic of the bumper >

post-3877-135011873907_thumb.jpg

I think it looks sweet, looking forward to getting it on. Will be dremelling out the standard grille and putting mesh in.

-Dave

The blue is the worst colour, well maybe the yellow equally, to match. If the car uis there a good bodyshop should be able to get a good match. Phil, at ESR would always say that he wouldnt guarantee a colour match with owners ordering parts and asking for them to be sprayed and then shipped to them.

With the car on site they should be able to get a good match. :)

The blue is the worst colour, well maybe the yellow equally, to match. If the car uis there a good bodyshop should be able to get a good match. Phil, at ESR would always say that he wouldnt guarantee a colour match with owners ordering parts and asking for them to be sprayed and then shipped to them.

With the car on site they should be able to get a good match. :)

depends on the lads that spray it to how they spray it and bake it... think its hard to get a good sprayer out of the blue, you need to go with someone that comes recommended for thigns like this, seen utter rubbish spraying and really good spraying and matching.

i had my side and front bumper sprayed at the local nissan stealers, little bit more money for the fron bumper to be done but they did a great job

went to a local mazda garage ones and spotted one of those 1 man jobbies going around in there little van spraying a front fender in black and using a heat gun between layers to hurry up the work... :scare:

Does anyone know if the air intake is a job that could be done DIY? bumper off/dremel etc?

I don't see why not if you feel competent........ It’s only a case of cutting out a square and fixing the cover in place :thumbs:

I'd feel silly if I paid someone else good money to do it that's for sure...... :dry:

• 2 weeks later...

Some pics of the bumper fitted as people requested.

The colour match still isn't 100% after a couple of tries. I think the combination of different materials, and 6 years of paint fade has contributed. Will think about a full respray in time, but it doesn't look bad for now. :)

Really happy with the bumper itself, think it looks spot on!