going to get my 350z

Chadwick

after looking for a while ive fond a 350 that i like , what do yous think ? only things i dont like is it dosent have brembo breaks and dosent have leather interior im going to get this either friday or saturday but does anyone know how much a leather retrim will cost and how much and how easy it will be for me to get the gold 350z brembos ?

heres a link http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1510187.htm

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it you did'nt go for the black one the other week then?

Seats should be about the £500 mark to have trimmed in leather - brembos' I am sure are easyo to do - there is a section telling you how to in technical - Zmanalex is a good person to ask and source them for you.

Car looks interesting - I'm not a fan of modded stuff personally I would like to buy a standard one and mod it myself but it looks clean enough from the pictures :thumbs:

I wouldn't be buying a car that didn't have two things that I really wanted, and especially not from someone who doesn't know how big 5" actually is: His missus must be so disappointed. Also mismatched tyres, And The Use Of Caps For Every Word Is Quite Irritating. Still, if you're already decided on it then I'm not sure what use our opinions are.

Leather retrim will be from about £600+ I would expect depending on what you want and where you go, Brembos are easy to pick up from someone like Zmanalex on here. That said, do the Brembos even fit a 17" wheel? I don't know, genuine question.

I wouldn't be buying a car that didn't have two things that I really wanted, and especially not from someone who doesn't know how big 5" actually is: His missus must be so disappointed. Also mismatched tyres, And The Use Of Caps For Every Word Is Quite Irritating. Still, if you're already decided on it then I'm not sure what use our opinions are.

Leather retrim will be from about £600+ I would expect depending on what you want and where you go, Brembos are easy to pick up from someone like Zmanalex on here. That said, do the Brembos even fit a 17" wheel? I don't know, genuine question.

i know i do realy want the brembos and leather but i can let calipers put me off buying a car , i am going to get money off for these reasons

Considering he's already dropped £400 you may not get as much as you think, tbh it's not bad value as it stands really. That's assuming it's a genuine 2005 car.

Wait, why has it had 7 services in the UK? It's only done 32K miles... :shrug:

Considering he's already dropped £400 you may not get as much as you think, tbh it's not bad value as it stands really. That's assuming it's a genuine 2005 car.

very good point well spoted thats way to much services for a car with only 32k , it also says it has services in japan hmm

There's enough ammo there for me to be asking serious questions about the car, especially seeing as how 350Zs aren't exactly rare right now. It might be all innocent, just seems a tad weird to me. Maybe he did an oil change every 5K miles and recorded that as a service?

very good point well spoted thats way to much services for a car with only 32k , it also says it has services in japan hmm

He should have the service sheets - although in Japanese - :headhurt:

i needs to be to have a 55plate on it ive had a few imports now and even imported a car myself the numberplate goes by the age of the car not by when it was imported so im confident with it being genuine 55plate , but the miles unless he has any history from japan then the mileage of any import you can only take with a pinch of salt so to speak :lol:

i needs to be to have a 55plate on it ive had a few imports now and even imported a car myself the numberplate goes by the age of the car not by when it was imported

I don't think that is correct. Can anyone with an import confirm?

Pretty sure he's right, it goes off the date it was made rather than the date it was imported :)

pretty sure it is , not 100% tho so if anyone is could they explain so i can make sure it is genuine 55plat , but my old teg type r was imported in 2007 but was a 1996 car and got a P reg my old glanza was also 1996 and got a N reg which are correct for that age off car

go get it, get something different then brembos if you're changing them, not sure re drilled discs though? services is probably explainable... I've done a good few oil changes on mine and only had it since mid 08. I wonder why the oil cooler and stuff is installed, could it have had more engine mods and they've been stripped down? seats would be a turn off for me to be honest but you can get a 'newish' set or some recaro seats maybe? :teeth: do you know what the z 'should' be to drive? If not you might want to bring someone that does...

Good luck!!!

A

get these viewtopic.php?f=32&t=32081

:band:

sure it doesnt have bremobos ?? he mentions them in the ad as "uprated brembo crossdrilled & vented brakes" so either telling porky pies or its got some some other than the usual ones.

might try and fob the standard off as something else? dunno... saw the holes in the discs though, hard to tell if the calipers are jdm standard or uprated to something else, need better photos I'd say...

From previous experiences of MR2's, they made the Mk2 for 10 yrs (1990-2000) and a lot get imported from Japan, and there was 5 revisions of the Mk2,

However i have seen an 02 plate Mk2, and R reg (97) MR2s, which are only a rev1 (ie 1990-92)

So i cant agree with plates necessarily reflecting the age of the car, sometimes they do it on date it was imported over, cos there is no way you would get an 02 Mk2 MR2 otherwise!

Just my 2p worth!

My understanding is imports reg goes by the date it was imported, not by the date of manufacture. Hence why there are loads of import owners that moan that they are in the higher tax bracket when they import after 06 but import an MY03-05 car. :thumbs: