How tight should the handbrake be?

s1xtyn1n3

I'm just wondering how tight the handbrake should be as it feels i'm having to pull it up between 1 and 2 notches on the ratchet harder than i would like to fully engage the brake. Is this normal or should i get it tightened?

Can't really describe how much i have to put it on any better than that i'm afraid!

One thing I have learned with the zed... leave it in gear! You need to put your clutch down to start so no worries there... esp when your Mrs's gets in the car and dosnt check to make sure its in gear anyway!

:doh: you haven't taught her very well then! :lol:

I'm not really worried about parking, it's just mainly for sitting at lights/junctions as i don't like to jam the breaks down for too long and equally don't like sitting on the bitting point - the 350z's clutch is a little notorious so i'm going easy on it :)

Thanks Vik for the link - really useful. I'll have a crack at that this weekend :thumbs:

One thing I have learned with the zed... leave it in gear! You need to put your clutch down to start so no worries there... esp when your Mrs's gets in the car and dosnt check to make sure its in gear anyway!

:doh: you haven't taught her very well then! :lol:

First time she got in I forgot to tell her to put the clutch in.... Told her it was broken so she had to take hers!! :blush: Sshe worked it out though!

they're pretty crap - i have to use two hands to get mine on fully and always leave the car in gear. Mind you a mechanic checked and said it was ok so i'm probably just limp wristed! :lol:

hah! well, i think i'll tighten mine one notch as it feels like i'm about to pull the whole thing out of the center console just to stop it rolling down the hill round the corner while i'm waiting for the lights.

was going to say something about 350z owners having a left arm much bigger than their right, but i think that leads into far too many oppertunities for crude jokes :D