No Falken 452's in stock - 912's any good?

andyvvc

Just got a call back from the Tyre/Alignment place. The 452s that i wanted aren't available - they can get the rears but not the 225 fronts.

They DO have the newer 912s in stock (same price i think). These are supposedly the same compound and are *allegedly* replacing the 452s....anyone got any info on these tyres at all...any good?

Just had a look at some pics of the 912s - they look awful. These cant be a replacement for the 452s....i reckon what ive been told about them being an ended line aint true.

Looks like it will probably be the Sessantas.... Do these have a stiff(er) wall than the Toyo Proxes? Side wall flex was my only concern with the Toyos....took some getting used too even with 37psi to compensate.

I came from the Bridgestones Mikey (with hard sidewall) and found that i was experiencing side-wall flex at higher cornering speeds with the Toyo's (car felt like it would slip momentarily part-way thru a bend). Other than that - great tyre. Interested to see what the Vredstein's are like - seem to be same price as the Toyo with a lot of people saying they prefer them to the Falkens and Toyos in terms of grip.

Looks like it will probably be the Sessantas.... Do these have a stiff(er) wall than the Toyo Proxes? Side wall flex was my only concern with the Toyos....took some getting used too even with 37psi to compensate.

much better than the toyo when it comes to side wall stiffness, not as stiff as michelin pilot sports, but still a very communicative and controllable tyre.

have a search on here, there are several reviews now

not heard anyone complain about them

Ok - looks like the tyre fitters cant get hold of the Toyos for a good price, and they cant get the Vredsteins at all :(

So, im getting the rears swapped for 452s later this week. £240 fitted, balanced etc. So not that much more than Camskills. The fronts are due in stock in March. I have 3mm + of tread left on the front Toyos, so they should be fine until March. Will just have to take it easy with the mix of patterns front/rear until the fronts can be fitted :)

If anyone knows of anywhere with stock of the 452s (225/45/R18) do let me know lol

Cheers

i went to get a price on 452's today and was told theres a huge back log and you cant get them at the mo,

:console:

Yeah - got told the same. Only a few places have any stock left, and thats odd sizes (ie 19s, 20s etc). Stock apprently due when they fill the container and ship it over - late March im told :(

Ok - looks like the tyre fitters cant get hold of the Toyos for a good price, and they cant get the Vredsteins at all :(

So, im getting the rears swapped for 452s later this week. £240 fitted, balanced etc. So not that much more than Camskills. The fronts are due in stock in March. I have 3mm + of tread left on the front Toyos, so they should be fine until March. Will just have to take it easy with the mix of patterns front/rear until the fronts can be fitted :)

If anyone knows of anywhere with stock of the 452s (225/45/R18) do let me know lol

Cheers

This morning I had a pair of 452's fitted at Bracknell Tyres £226 all inc and I have to say they are so much quieter thn the RE40's and also seem much better in the wet (ie normal driving conditions)

I ordered some 452s in early January when my RE40s were bare. Unfortunately I left the car while I sorted some other stuff out, came back and noticed the tread didn't look right. They'd fitted 912s instead without telling me first! Not impressed but the weather being so bad and my tyres having literally no tread left I stuck with them. (I too was told 452 wouldn't be available till the end of Feb).

I have to say I have mixed feelings about them. They seem okay in the dry, although I've still not had opportunity to really push them but about the same as the 40's in the wet - i.e. not all that good. To be fair it's only when you're pushing them it slips so I usually know when they're likely to slip so I'm ready to catch it should it slid a little bit. Other than that I'd say the noise etc is no better or worse than the Bridgestones. Think I'll make sure I get the 452 fittted next time! £440 for 4 tyres I didn't really want is a lot of money... :shrug:

I got a set of 452's from camskill, Ordered them on Monday and they arrived Tuesday Morning! Spot on! :thumbs:

Standard 18" sizes mate? If so i might order the fronts today from them and get them fitted elsewhere....second thoughts, i had better wait and make sure the rears turn up first lol

Bad move :thumbdown: never mix brands or compounds front to rear :surrender:

Yep - dont mix and match types front to back..... Unless, like me, you can only get the rears lol. I'll be driving nice and slowly until i can get a set of 452s for the front sorted out too. With luck Camskill have some and i'll be running 452s all round by next week B)

I got a set of 452's from camskill, Ordered them on Monday and they arrived Tuesday Morning! Spot on! :thumbs:

Standard 18" sizes mate? If so i might order the fronts today from them and get them fitted elsewhere....second thoughts, i had better wait and make sure the rears turn up first lol

Yes mate standard 18's :)