Gauging Interest Meguiars G220 Machine Buffer

jacr87

I have spoke to Envy Valeting on Car machine buffers and if it would be possible to do a group buy if enough members were interested.

They could offer the Meguiars G220 and possible 203 cutting compound and pads providing there would be enough members wanting to purchase this product.

Anyone sick of polishing by hand and want to remove swirl marks this is the best way.

If interested place put your name down and I will get back to Envy valeting with numbers to set this up and get the price for the group buy.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You could always try and get some deals going on a Kestrel DA from Matt@i4detailing (7MAT on here, he's not very active on here, but does deliver very quickly, I had another order off him next day delivery last week). Got one myself about a year ago, cracking bit of kit. At the time it was rated as being on par or slightly better than the Megs as the Megs brushes can wear out quickly. http://i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Kestr ... her_1.html (he does them as various kits too if you browse on the site)

Just another option if you are struggling. ;)

Envy Valeting got back to me however they could not come back with a price.

I asked Matt from i4detailing and he said we could get the G220 for 10+ mebers wanting the G220 would be £119.99 each inc vat + delivery. Matt also recommended the Kestrel das 6.

What do you think guys?

I know I am not going to be part of the GB, but I can fully recommend the Kestrel. There was much talk about it on Detailing World forums of the Megs DA's bushes going quickly and the Kestrel lasting longer. It also comes with spare bushes. Matt will be able to confirm if this is still the case.

Also there is a chap on Detailing World that did/does good quality power cable for them, I bought 10m off the chap which makes it much easier to use as you can go around the whole car without trailing an extension lead about. Its good quality and very very flexible just like the original cable. Well worth getting.

Got a reply from Matt:

Apologies for not getting back to you any sooner.

I've just had to re-order DAS-6s from Kestrel as almost out of stock again - unfortunately Kestrel have put the price up on these.

This means I will be pulling my current offer which includes a Free Triple Duty Detail Brush.

New stock is due in tomorrow / Monday so will leave the offer till end of next week.

With the current increase in price the current deal on my website is a low as I dare go especially when used with the 350Z discount code.

So to re-cap the following deal will only be available for the next week online.

DAS-6 Machine Polisher with UK plug

6" Backing Plate

2 Position Soft Grip Handle

Spare Motor Brushes (x2)

Wrench & Manual

FREE 5" Backing Plate worth £9.95

FREE Meguiar's Triple Duty Detail Brush worth £4.95 Parcelforce Express48 UK delivery

Total price inc 350Z discount comes to £80.95 with optional canvas carry bag it comes to £84.55

Order online as usual for the next week only.

I've never used a machine polisher before, whats peoples opinion of this deal? worth it?

I got a Kestrel for xmas, only been able to use it a couple of time due to weather but so far I'm very impressed - and that before I do any major swirl removal type stuff (still a bit scared of hurting my z lol)

:thumbs:

I've never used a machine polisher before, whats peoples opinion of this deal? worth it?

Its a very good deal, well worth the money. Do a lot of reading up on it before using it on the Zed though and make sure you start with the lowest cut pad and polish before upping it to a pad/polish with more cut. The Zed has thin and soft paint, which is easy to cut through if not careful :surrender:

Might also be worth enquiring about getting the Kestrel with some polish too.