Does it really matter Servicing at Nissan??

jerry3167

2003 block exemption regulations probably cover this Jerry. I have been doing a lot of reading during my recent battles with Nissan and VW.

A manufacturer cannot stipulate that a car is serviced by a dealer and also cannot stipulate the original parts are used, they just have to be type approved.

So this means that as long as the service schedule is adhered to, and oem or approved parts are used, then an owner has the choice as to who looks after their car in terms of servicing?

Im going to Abbey for a RE-MAP and P1 on 18/2

Whats the "2003 block exemption.."??

VW were refusing to take an interest in my Golfs problems as although it was serviced by the dealer while under warranty the last service out of warranty was done by an independant. I quoted the rules to them and they gave me £500 :)

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... 101939304/

Nice one Martin, you are a gold mine!! ;)

Just go to somewhere you trust. My local Nissan dealer is ace if a trifle expensive, but then I trust them to look after the car as I've got a good rapport with them. They would get my money over an average independent every day. That said, the car is going to DMS next week for a clutch replacement as they're a good £250+ cheaper than Nissan and will do just (if not better) a job: It's only the extra distance involved that means they're not my first point of call in the first place.

That said, the car is going to DMS next week for a clutch replacement as they're a good £250+ cheaper than Nissan and will do just (if not better) a job: It's only the extra distance involved that means they're not my first point of call in the first place.

Yeah, but it means a tunnelrun on the way back, hehe

Best part is Nissan are paying for the re-map :yahoo:

Why are Nissan paying for your car to be remapped :bangin: Do you mean the difference in cost from Abbey to Nissan means you can afford the remap? You do realise any warrenty on your engine will pretty much be null and void should anything go wrong with the engine and Nissan find out its remapped? Whether they can prove it was down to the map or not, you'd have a real fight on your hands to get warrenty work done ;)

Saying that, I would go to Abbey and have the remap and risk it :teeth::drive1

Best part is Nissan are paying for the re-map :yahoo:

Why are Nissan paying for your car to be remapped :bangin: Do you mean the difference in cost from Abbey to Nissan means you can afford the remap? You do realise any warrenty on your engine will pretty much be null and void should anything go wrong with the engine and Nissan find out its remapped? Whether they can prove it was down to the map or not, you'd have a real fight on your hands to get warrenty work done ;)

Saying that, I would go to Abbey and have the remap and risk it :teeth::drive1

Looking at the fact tha jerry is goin for a P1, I doubt the cost difference is £350-ish to pay for the Abbey re-map, unless I missed something.

And yes, the re-map will render the warranty null and void, because the car will have been altered from factory specs and not run as Nissan intended.

Looking at the fact tha jerry is goin for a P1, I doubt the cost difference is £350-ish to pay for the Abbey re-map, unless I missed something.

And yes, the re-map will render the warranty null and void, because the car will have been altered from factory specs and not run as Nissan intended.

Just couldnt work out how Nissan is paying for his remap :shrug:

Just couldnt work out how Nissan is paying for his remap :shrug:

+2 :snack:

I was down at Abbey today talking to Mark about his remap. I will be very interested to know your results on the dyno after getting a remap. I have a Nismo exhaust inc Y pipe, panel filter, MD plenum spacer. Just toying with idea of getting hfc and then remap to finish it off. Be interested to know what kind of power we can get for basic bolt on mods on the early 350z.

Yep, I go to Mark @ Abbey with the following:

MD Plenum spacer 5/16ths

High Flow Cats

JWT Pop Charger.

5 ZIGEN Pro-Racer Cat Back

I intend to change my JWT filter element over to a brand new one before Dyno run, just oil it a little, take old one off and clean it ready for the next change :)