Look what the carwash did to my CAR!

andlid

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ, that is bad.

In response to a comment above, how the hell can any car wash state, that you use their service at your own risk?

You are paying to have the car washed FFS! Not destroyed!!!

I would never use a car wash, I wash my own car and would not let anyone else near it, but that's not the point, their bloody car wash did this to your car, not you, so you make sure they pay to have it repaired, do not let them of with this, their F N useless wash should have sensors to detect that your car is not in the correct position, for it to operate without damaging you car.

Take the bastards to court, if they don’t pay up.

Jesus Christ, that is bad.

In response to a comment above, how the hell can any car wash state, that you use their service at your own risk?

You are paying to have the car washed FFS! Not destroyed!!!

I would never use a car wash, I wash my own car and would not let anyone else near it, but that's not the point, their bloody car wash did this to your car, not you, so you make sure they pay to have it repaired, do not let them of with this, their F N useless wash should have sensors to detect that your car is not in the correct position, for it to operate without damaging you car.

Take the bastards to court, if they don’t pay up.

spot the rebel :lol:

Dont worry ,think you might not have read the whole thread but it will be sent off to the insurance company today/Monday so hope to hear something by midweek the latest, someone told me to speak to my insurance company and let them claim of the other insurance company etc... for now I'll sit tight and wait. Not sure that disclaimer actually means anything... rather a deterrent for people NOT to action anything I'd say. Anyway learnt the lession the hard way, didnt put her through car washes since it does damage the paint... :bang: but thought once a year wouldnt be to bad... mmm stand corrected on that thought for sure. Hope it might be a warning to some out there though , not to trust them! :scare:

Sorry to see this dude,,,,from what I can see the wing should repair fine saving the cost of the new part. Keep us posted on the outcome. I've found in the past its best to be nice and polite when dealing with things you want others to pay for...If they become arkward then be more forced full and rude lol... :boxing:

Alexzr

if they changed the water and are using fresh sheepskin wash mits, then its no bloody different from me doing it. :shrug:

2BM method? :teeth:

How you gonna get two of me? I'm one of a kind, lol

We're going to clone you :ninja:

That would mean I could use two foamlances at one and get the job done even quicker!!!!

Could do wax on wax off in one pass, rofl

We're going to clone you :ninja:

That would mean I could use two foamlances at one and get the job done even quicker!!!!

Could do wax on wax off in one pass, rofl

Thats the plan, my car is filthy so I better get on making the clone :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
:bangin:

Automatic car wash :scare: 'Just say no' .... If im feeling lazy 'not very often' I take the zed to a down trodden part of the city to some rather nice Albanian folk who do a jolly good job of washing my car for five english pounds :D

+1 but Kurdish

+1 but Polish

very unfortunate but would never stick my car through a car wash anyway. You might aswell wash the car with sandpaper.

Hope you get it sorted quickly

+1

sorry mate. Just put it behind you as a bad call which will never happen again ;)

Didn't fifth gear or someone do a test with car washes. The automated machiney ones came out best. With minimal damage to the paintwork.* The carpark boys I recall coming out quite badly.

*Assuming you don't drive INTO the side of the machine...

Best assuming you dont do it yourself ;) To be fair it was a machine vs a chap with a grit bucket vs a pressure washer and what can only be described as a broom! Hardly a good test. The detailer they had on was fairly good at pointing out swirls and other defects. I still stand by the fact that you do it yourself, get a pro to do it or leave it dirty til you can do it ;)

You seem to be taking a bit of a bettering here Andlid! :boxing:

(You do deserve it though) :p

I have to admit, I use the local hand wash guys from time-to-time, most of them don't do a bad job. Having said that one did blast a load of lacquer off about 3 inch square (was originally a very small stone chip) with their jet wash. Wasn't too happy but if I had a jet wash it'd probably happened to me anyway...

My excuse is where I used to live I never had an out door tap I could use to wash my car. No such excuses anymore whihc is why this weekend I plan to wash the car myself for the first time since I've owned it (12 months!) :ban:

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update:

Went to meet with the assessor for their insurance company today, good bloke. He took details will investigate (CCTV etc) and get back to me. Hopefully they'll settle the bill I had a quote for. *870€!

This is why I never use one of those enclosed machine carwashes.

I would only go to a hand car wash place (normally cost about £4 to £5) and they use proper wash mittens. Also I make sure they never to use a squeegy thing to wipe away excess water - they must use just chamois leather (which is normally the case anyway).

I think they will pay up unless there was a huge sign somewhere saying "enter at your own risk" or something. Even then the service should be fit for purpose which it obviously isn't and the 'trained' attendent is responsible for making sure your car is suitable for the wash system.

This is why I never use one of those enclosed machine carwashes.

I would only go to a hand car wash place (normally cost about £4 to £5) and they use proper wash mittens. Also I make sure they never to use a squeegy thing to wipe away excess water - they must use just chamois leather (which is normally the case anyway).

I think they will pay up unless there was a huge sign somewhere saying "enter at your own risk" or something. Even then the service should be fit for purpose which it obviously isn't and the 'trained' attendent is responsible for making sure your car is suitable for the wash system.

:lol: trained attendent... yeah right nobody in sight there mate on that place, I'd say it will be cool for one reason only (or two) that the machine first started when it obviously should NOT and then that the bloody thing didn't stop once it started moving my car!

Well I live in hope! Now it's the weekend :drunk: & some :drive1

(not at the same time mind...)

hmm :thumbdown::rant::angry: Insurance company of the petrol station called me today and said their assessor had told them that it clearly states ' the car need to be in the correct posistion in the car wash'... eeh the fecking thing started even though I clearly wasn't in the correct position!... Was told that's how carwashes work... Now It's down the harder route... pain in the arse and it's FRIDAY! gaaah. :rant: