Bonkers NA Tuning

introspect

Very interesting, certainly seems to make quite a difference, although i suspect the cams played a big part as well, i wonder just what the increase would be with the intake system alone?

But just changing the plenum and throttle body and making considerable gains would be a a great performance add on :thumbs:

I would also like the see the flywheel figures on a UK dyno though ;)

sounds awesome. I think the lack of bodywork certainly helps it looks faster in the video. Quite a weight saving

...and the motec and the flyby wire throttle body, nice and quick responsive!

with standard engine internals he's talking about pistons and rods btw...

This is a race car not a road car. There is no way a standard road engine will rev like that unless a lot has been done including a light weight flywheel, which you can clearly hear it has. My uprev holds the revs when you change gear so it is almost impossible to get a quick smooth change. Cars like the one in the video normally drive @*!# on everyday roads - probably drive great on the track which is clearly where it belongs.

This is a race car not a road car. There is no way a standard road engine will rev like that unless a lot has been done including a light weight flywheel, which you can clearly hear it has. My uprev holds the revs when you change gear so it is almost impossible to get a quick smooth change. Cars like the one in the video normally drive @*!# on everyday roads - probably drive great on the track which is clearly where it belongs.

Wow! you're good! you can actually hear it has a lightweight flywheel :lol:

Seriously though, it may well have but that is not all it takes to have a free revving motor, the cams will help but the stand alone

engine management has the biggest influence on how it will behave, and it also has the std RPM limit raised.

Hearing your remap holds the RPMs on closed throttle is not good, can't think of one reason why, are you sure you haven't got a problem with your throttle calibration?

Wow! you're good! you can actually hear it has a lightweight flywheel :lol:

Seriously though, it may well have but that is not all it takes to have a free revving motor, the cams will help but the stand alone

engine management has the biggest influence on how it will behave, and it also has the std RPM limit raised.

Hearing your remap holds the RPMs on closed throttle is not good, can't think of one reason why, are you sure you haven't got a problem with your throttle calibration?

+1 on the end part of that, sounds like it's a TSI Golf behaviour!

the zed is naturally slow to drop its revs

mine aint... :blush:

slow i think is possibly not the best explaination, i find it doesn't drop its revs instantly. the needle goes up alot quicker than it comes down. i don't find it effects driving,

have heard others say similiar.