New Silver 370z GT Member

Hey Guys and Gals,

I've been a proud 370z owner since September, love the car to bits! Went to a drift experience day at Santa Pod yesterday and after some time in their Skylines with welded diffs I took my Z out for a quick "spin", needless to say it needs a mechanical diff over the viscous one installed from the factory.

Anyways, I thought I'd say hey and post these youtube vids for you all :)

Donuts First, with an attempted transition into Figure 8's

Then screw the donuts, let's just try and make it happen without wasting too much rubber!

Anyways, I'm looking to get to a Z meet in the northwest sometime soon! and if anyone has any LSD recommendations for the 370 that'd be amazing!

Mike

Hehe, Thanks for the welcome!

I'll be looking for tyres as soon as I get a real LSD I'm sure!! I was surprised at how stable it was going round despite its short wheel base! I'm sure it's going to be very capable once it has a good mechanical LSD of some description. B)

Sweet Mikey, that's just the kind of information I'm looking for! I'll blast him a PM after I've done some more reading, I think I've got a good idea of what I actually want out of it and I know some of my options, I guess now I'm looking for a reputable place to have the work done... I also need to have a chat with my dealer to see what warranties they think it'll void and what they will still cover me for if I get it done... No doubt soon I'll be after a decent oil cooler and probably a bigger rad :/ ahh and so it begins...

Hey thanks for all the welcomes! :)

I'm looking at a Carbonetic 1.5 way LSD, some guys in the states say the 350 model will fit inside the existing housing! Will probably have to look into cooling for it though but that's going to take more research. Does anybody have any experience with aftermarket diffs on their Z, what was it like? did your dealer know? I really don't want to take her in for a service and for them to come back and tell me my warranty is totally void due to the LSD...

Done and done! I really don't want to mod the 370, it's one of the few cars I really don't want to mess with too much, but the diff really isn't appropriate for a sports car of this calibre! I can only assume they went with the torsen viscous to keep the costs down. Some sort of FI would be interesting in another year or so though :bounce: