Ebay

350zStephen

Just looking for some advice as to where I stand with an item I recently on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150406401176&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

I listed an Alexandr Meerkat toy, which is brand new from Harrods. The toy was mint when I sent it, and I sent it special delivery. It sold after a 5 day listing for £94 all in.

I have now received a message via eBay from the buyer saying she received the item, and the box is damaged, the toy smells, and the squeak doesn't work -which is obviously bullshit. I just want to know where I stand with this? Do I need to offer her a refund? Will I need to accept a return?

Cheers guys.

If she paid by paypal your ****ed. If she says its different/damaged compared to the listing they will take the money back from you once she has returned it back to you.

I'm not sure where you stand if the item returned is in poor condition compared to when it was sent out to her.

It was indeed bought via paypal, so i'll probably get screwed over.

I think this will be the last item i'll be selling via ebay. There is so many dishonest and untrustworthy people out there nowadays.

What would stop her from getting my meerkat and swapping it with a scabby one that her son or daughter has played with for months with the intention of returning it to me?

She has not asked for a refund yet, so i'll see what happens.

I didn't think of taking down any serial numbers as I didn't think someone would want to screw me over.

If she wants a refund, I'll contact the royal mail and see what they can do.

Play her at her own game if she want to return it and tell her you have a record of the serial number and barcodes that are specific to your item. Can't see it gaining a smell and losing a squeak in a 2 day trip with the royal mail.......

Defo smell rat too...... :dry:

Ebay can seriously pee you off sometimes... ive had a few bad experiences too

Good luck bud :thumbs:

The 10% fee of anything you sell and then paypal taking a further slice of your earnings is a tad harsh!!

What ever happened to the good old car boot sale :lol:

Ebay can seriously pee you off sometimes... ive had a few bad experiences too

Good luck bud :thumbs:

The 10% fee of anything you sell and then paypal taking a further slice of your earnings is a tad harsh!!

What ever happened to the good old car boot sale :lol:

+1 :dry:

Steven,

Bite the bullet mate.

Offer her a refund stating that you are sorry and disappointed that she is not satisfied with her purchase.

Ask her to return it in the same packaging in which it was sent as the goods were insured and the limited edition serial number was recorded for insurance purposes.

Make sure all correspondence is through ebay and save same.

Hopefully you wont hear from her again. ;)

Alex.